• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whoever is bidding on this FF1 book currently on ebay..

54 posts in this topic

Easy to fix. Put in the winning bid - no matter how ridiculously high. Then when the seller tries to file a non-paying bidder so he gets his fees refunded, reply to eBay that you completed the deal and send them a scan of your comic to prove it.

He gets to pay the fees and probably won't try this again.

Easy to fix. Put in the winning bid - no matter how ridiculously high. Then when the seller tries to file a non-paying bidder so he gets his fees refunded, reply to eBay that you completed the deal and send them a scan of your comic to prove it.

:applause:

Thats the greatest idea I ever heard.

Seriously though, does this scam really work? It seems to go on all the time. I'm only buying expensive books through Heritage and clink at this point.

Steve

peewee

damn you to hell!!! (just kidding)

i was the underbidder on that Janowicz FF1

its a BEAUTY

i know youre looking after it :)

I think every single day since he bought it he looks at his reflection in the case as he gazes upon it and smiles, and then posts it yet again in another comic forum. :D

This would be fan-freakin-tastic!

Do it, Peewee, put in a massive high bid, then let the real fun begin.

I asked for better scans here was his response.

We scanned all our books a few years ago for insurance purposes and no longer have the scanner, these are all that we have on disk. Sorry for the delay, my daughter has been throwing up since noon yeaterday!

- cosmic_rays_comic_daze

Glad I read this thread as I was going to bid on it!!!

Oh, by the way, are saftey deposit boxes safe for comics in slabs??? Please let me know, otherwise I'm running to my bank tomorrow :(

You might want to start a thread and ask that question. If I'm not mistaken many people use them but prefer banks with climate control.

Although all the ideas are tempting, hopefully the true-blue avid FF1 fans will read the Boards before bidding 5 figures...

Apparently the 13th bidder on the book (just recently) did not!!! If the auction plays out, I will email the winner and give them the facts.

Key comic books are like puppy love...you're temporarily blind.

Here's a copy of what I wrote to the seller (and yes, I do have large friends and a few shotguns). :grin:

Hi. I live about 30 minutes from Newark. Would it be possible for me to view the book in person before deciding on a final bid? If you have any concerns about my intentions, the location for this could be of your choosing.

Rich

Just kidding Paratrooper...it is NOT my book...you WIN it hands down at $87k and some change!!!

FALSE....it is MY book. Maybe the insufficiently_thoughtful_person seller gets the hint now and will axe the auction?

- peewee22

Oh, by the way, are saftey deposit boxes safe for comics in slabs??? Please let me know, otherwise I'm running to my bank tomorrow :(

I know safes will rust the staples if you don't open it at least every 2 weeks. This

would include cgc graded comics.

Mike

Are you telling me that everyone doesn't take out their comics and look at them at least twice a week? I may have carpal tunnel (sic) in a few years from opening my safe so much.