• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller with 0 feedback selling some sweet comics

26 posts in this topic

that dude forgot AF 15, Superman #1 and Action Comics #1

notice how he also mentions that some of his auctions are "great investments"....

Maybe you ought to point that shill newbie who was interested in investments his way.

I asked and here is his reply:

"Dear charrik,

No, I'm very sorry but I don't have those firsty editions. I have over 250 first editions, but not the one you are looking for.

Thanks for asking though and good luck with your hunt.

TFV"

Just from a short checking it out, I think that there is a fair chance he really has those books. He does take PayPal. Of course, there may be back covers or pages and pieces missing.

As for why a lesser valued book would start out higher than a higher valued book. That is done quite often. If I have something I know is going to go high, I will start it out low. But if I have something that I think I might not get as high as I would like, I will start it out with my bottom line selling price.

You start a Hulk #1 at 10 cents and you are going to get a good price. But you start a Doctor Strange #1 at 10 cents and you might take a hit.

Not trying to endorse this person and I would not buy from him, but I do think that at first glance, I don't see any red flags. Every seller on Ebay has a first time. Same here.

Proceed with caution.

Check the subtitle on Avengers #1:

"Very scarce due to movie is in production!"

Riiiiight, because there were millions of copies of this book just laying around until they started producing that damn movie.

Personally, I wouldn't touch this. Don't you find it strange that they just happen to be offering only #1s?

Sure it is "funny" and scary also. But there are those that have only collected #1's before. One could also say that it is "funny" if someone starts out an Amazing Fantasy #15 at $10.00 with no reserve, but I have in the past.

Like I said. Who knows, but proceed with caution.

that dude forgot AF 15, Superman #1 and Action Comics #1

notice how he also mentions that some of his auctions are "great investments"....

Proof he's smarter than your average scammer.

:insane:

All the pics are consistent with each other. He grades the Hulk #1 as fair. Why are we assuming this guy's a scammer?

Well a "0" seller with "only" big dollar collectibles for sale?

If he's got a dozen comics what are the odds they all would be Hulk 1, ASM 1, etc...?

:whatev:

Hey Rikki! :hi:

:hi: Howdy Tom. How's the high grade ASM pursuit going? I only need X-Men #1 and 4 to complete my X-Men run!

I'm gonna send in my X-Men 4 to CGC soon with my one of my 3 CGC coupons I just received...ASM collection coming along slowly but surely...picked up #16, 23 and 26 in CGC 9.0 over the last month or so...need two remaining upgrades in the 20s...22 and 29...then 12 below 20...slow-going and EXPENSIVE!

I'll let you know what the XM 4 gets when I get it back...

The guy is legit, he either owns or works for the video company. Not taking into consideration of grades or how to grade, he pulled pricing from what he found via some of the auction sites. I did mention to him that the pricing was kinda off the wall and he should spend more time trying to understand grading. Also suggested to buy a scanner for better presentation of the books.

Steve