• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basement room designs

69 posts in this topic

me gusta!

I have a blow up of Contact #12 hanging in my dining room. A friend who has a graphic design company did it for me several years ago. I would definetly go for 1940s L. B. Cole covers if I were doing a whole room with cover blow-ups. They have a poster like quality already. As to Schomburg covers or classic pre-code horror covers, wether I went with them would have alot to do with the mood I wanted to create- if your talking about a comic sanctum it's one thing to go with that sort of stuff, but if it's an all purpose room I'd go for strong composition and interesting use of color over content.

Project is over halfway complete!

I found a company here in Columbus that does better work for about 1/3 the cost of Kinkos! They're called Key Printing, and you can email them work if you're interested. Visit www.keycompanies.com; I went through the Cleveland Avenue office. Tell them I recommended you. It was $10.50 for a full color 18X24 sheet, and the frames were $10.00 each at Michael's.

Anyway, here's some more pics!

DCP_0820.jpg

DCP_0821.jpg

DCP_0822.jpg

DCP_0825.jpg

DCP_0826.jpg

DCP_0830.jpg

DCP_0831.jpg

DCP_0832.jpg

DCP_0833.jpg

DCP_0834.jpg

DCP_0835.jpg

DCP_0836.jpg

DCP_0839.jpg

That is a very impressive downstairs and looks like you don't have little kids. When I'm older and the kids are out of the house, maybe then....

I had a nice room to store my collection, then I had kids, and I was religated to the garage, so I took matters into my own hands......guess what's behind door #1 ?

1161776-PICT0090.JPG1161776-PICT0080.JPG1161776-PICT0081.JPG1161776-PICT0076.JPG1161776-PICT0086.JPG1161776-PICT0087.JPG1161776-PICT0084.JPG1161776-PICT0075.JPG1161776-PICT0097.JPG

And the view from the upstairs ain't too bad either. Thanks for watching, now move along.......

1161776-PICT0097.JPG.6eed6c1d3e8bfac5e92717c69c8b343e.JPG

27_laughing.gif

Sorry,

I just skimmed the last of your thread, and didnt' realize you were only looking for design input.......

You need to put up a copy of the classic cover supersnipe v1#8. I wish I had the wall space like you do for the works. Very nice.

Sorry for posting a long montage in your thread. 1161786-supersnipe8.jpg

1161786-supersnipe8.jpg.260f84b167a3213396f3e1e26248bab5.jpg

Good question, hi.gif

It's all in my head........actually,

Books on the left are all marvel in alphabetical order.

Books straight ahead are all DC in alphabetical order.

Esoteric books and lower value Golden Age are kept separated in alphabetical order

The bins hold mylar'd books, keys, uber high grade etc and those are separated by Marvel, DC, Esoteric and Golden Age. Magazines are separated as well. I organized my books and have done a good job of keeping up with that. It helps that I don't buy new books anymore and when I buy older books, they are usually golden age, keys or uber high grade so they go into the bins.

It might take me pulling two long boxes to get it right, but I can pick books out for the most part by just pulling one box. I try to keep books in the boxes at a value of $30 or less (in grade). I don't assume the escalating value of the various potential CGC 9.4-9.8's in the box's. When I have reason to pull a box down, I rebag the high grade and make sure they are boarded. At that time, I also pull books as I find NM 9.4 etc although I can't really say I've done that a lot and pretty much all of the runs and titles have NM books scattered between lower grade issues...unless purchased off the stands by me when they generally become VF/NM or better.

It's my cave, it's not where I live, so I take books into the rest of the house on occasion thumbsup2.gif

Hey at least you have a system. I am no where near your collection size but I have mine in another room and just keep a short box by the computer. When that box fills up I take it to see the long boxes and do some filing.

I'm going to pare the collection down to about half the size over the next 10 years.

The kids come down with me and play with whatever old toys I have laying around down there from when I was a kid. I measure them on the wall outside the door and the marks keep getting bigger (go figure). They also pick out comics for "their collections". This week my four year old daughter picked out an old scooby doo book with a purple cover and a skeleton flying by. She asked me if the ghost was real, and I assured her that it was just a sheet on a string.

...She asked me if the ghost was real, and I assured her that it was just a sheet on a string.

..."And they would have gotten away with it, if not for those meddlesome kids!" poke2.gif

How does one make or purchase a poster size image of a golden age cover?

You press it. devil.gif

And that More Fun #54 is the very issue that sent me down the path of deciding to obtain the entire run.

Every time I see a More Fun #54, I want to cut up the cover and glue it into a notebook. yay.gif

book4.jpg