• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ERB Collection----Tarzan anyone?

447 posts in this topic

Amazing Stories, Feb. 1927 BedSheet size pulp. 1st part of The Land That Time Forgot. Something that some don't know, but this is actually the 2nd serialized series of this story, the first appearing in Blue Book. Same story, but it was first printed in Blue Book, then collected in Hard Cover, then printed again in Amazing Stories.

DSCF2707.jpg

Argosy Weekly, Aug. 30, and Sept. 6, 1941. 2nd and 3rd part of Tarzan and The Castaways. Another neat story on these next two plups. The story that was printed in Hard Cover was quite a bit different than what was first printed in these plups. It is figured that the plups were edited by the publisher, but the Hard Cover is the original story that ERB had written.

DSCF2710.jpg

DSCF2709.jpg

Amazing Stories, Feb. 1927 BedSheet size plup. 1st part of The Land That Time Forgot. Something that some don't know, but this is actually the 2nd serialized series of this story, the first appearing in Blue Book. Same story, but it was first printed in Blue Book, then collected in Hard Cover, then printed again in Amazing Stories.

DSCF2707.jpg

Great pulps! :applause:

This is one of my favorites for sure - U-Boat vs. Dinosaurs! Here's mine:

AmazingStories1927-02fcsm.jpg

Great stuff! It is really taking all my restraint to hold back from trying to pick up some ERB-related pulps, particularly the Blue Books, which consistently feature great covers, and All Stories.

I just posted this over in "General" in a Mike Grell thread...I thought it would be appreciated here...

Grell did an outstanding job on the Tarzan Sunday's back in the mid-70s. This is the only Sunday strip that I collect. I would love to see this collected in a nice over-sized volume.

Wonderfull stuff! Here is a sample...

810719.jpg