• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ERB Collection----Tarzan anyone?

447 posts in this topic

I didnt know this was out there but I thought I would share it. Its a Russ Cochran, John Monster Published near Exact Facsimile of All Story 12 Tarzans First Appearance and the entire Story TARZAN OF THE APES. Im not sure When Russ published this, and neither did the seller I bought it from. It faithfully reproduces the text, illustrations, advertisements ,everything!!! So Untill you win the lottery and can afford the original, here is a cool way to read Tarzan the way originally intended

IMG00456.jpg

I didnt know this was out there but I thought I would share it. Its a Russ Cochran, John Monster Published near Exact Facsimile of All Story 12 Tarzans First Appearance and the entire Story TARZAN OF THE APES. Im not sure When Russ published this, and neither did the seller I bought it from. It faithfully reproduces the text, illustrations, advertisements ,everything!!! So Untill you win the lottery and can afford the original, here is a cool way to read Tarzan the way originally intended

IMG00456.jpg

It's a great way to see the way the story was originally published, I've got two copies!

Has anyone ever been to see the collection of the Ekstrom Library at the University of Louisville Ky?? I went there last year and it was unbelievable! This is where the Burroughs Bulletin is published from. The curator of the library is a gent by the name of George T. McWhorter. A very small timid looking man, but in charge of a great collection of ERB memorabilia. I highly recommend going there if you have a chance.

He let me hold his copy of All story Oct. 1912 :cloud9:

Little Guy in Charge of all that Stuff!!??? You held the All Story in your Hands??

You could have taken him Man!!!

lol!

He just flipped through the pulp like it was nothing. I was trembling holding the darn thing!

I was happy to note that my BLB's were over all nicer than the library's. :headbang:

Little Guy in Charge of all that Stuff!!??? You held the All Story in your Hands??

lol!

He just flipped through the pulp like it was nothing. I was trembling holding the darn thing!

I was happy to note that my BLB's were over all nicer than the library's. :headbang:

Yikes! That is scary. :eek: You'd think a librarian/archivist would be a little more cautious.

I've got one of the facsimles too - it's very cool.

lol!

Yikes! That is scary. :eek: You'd think a librarian/archivist would be a little more cautious.

Maybe that was just the browsing copy...they probably got the good stuff in some vaulted back room!

Bill

lol!

Maybe that was just the browsing copy...they probably got the good stuff in some vaulted back room!

Bill

I was in the vaulted back room!

I've never seen so much Burroughs stuff in one place, it truly was amazing!

http://erb.louisville.edu/exhibit.php

This Could use a bump!!

I picked this up a couple of months ago, published in 1890..MONKEY ISLAND, or THE EMOTIONS OF POLYDORE MARASQUIN by L`eon Gozlan

Reputed to be the inspiration behind Tarzan of the Apes.

IMG00933.jpg

IMG00934.jpg

IMG00937.jpg

Nice stuff. I've been collecting ERB for years, too. I have a few Sparklers, a lot of Dells and Gold Keys, all DC, Marvel, Malibu, Dark Horse, etc. Working on Tip Tops.

I am, however, selling my Tarzan movie posters on Heritage in the next few weeks. Some nice linen backed Barkers and Weismullers, and some one sheets signed by Gordon Scott.