• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ERB Collection----Tarzan anyone?

447 posts in this topic

Thought I would change up and post some upgrades on two very hard to come by Fast Action Story books plus a upgrade on a BLB.

First up is Tarzan with the Tarzan Twins in the Jungle. I have a very nice second copy if anyone needs one, just let me know.

TarzanwiththeTarzanTwins.jpg

Thought I would change up and post some upgrades on two very hard to come by Fast Action Story books plus a upgrade on a BLB.

First up is Tarzan with the Tarzan Twins in the Jungle. I have a very nice second copy if anyone needs one, just let me know.

TarzanwiththeTarzanTwins.jpg

Is this the same story?

1835369908_7cdae8b230_b.jpg

Ready for the break down? ;)

There are two separate stories under this name.

The first is The Tarzan Twins, which was first published in 1927 as a beautifully illustrated Volland book.

The second is an immediate sequel whose events begin the next day (written in 1928).

It appeared as the Big Big Book printed nine years later (1936) called Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins with Jad-Bal-Ja, the Golden Lion.

Next came the BLB #770 The Tarzan Twins in 1934. This and the Fast Action are adaptations of the 1927 Volland book.

Then came the Dell Fast Action Book Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins in the Jungle in 1938. This is a condensation of the BLB #770 plus Doc and become Bob and Don.

Now, if you really want to get confused there are a total of three versions of the BLB The Tarzan Twins:

The first was #770 in 1934 with page count of 432.

2nd was a variant of #770 printed in 1935 but has no number, it also has a page count of 432. The cover is a reprint of the Illustration of page 409 and back cover reprints the illustration from page 83.

3rd was printed in 1935 but only has 48 pages. this one has a soft cover and is stapled together. This variant was an unusual size, 3-1/2 X 5-3/4 and was a give-away.

Fun uh?!!!! doh!:)

The first is The Tarzan Twins, which was first published in 1927 as a beautifully illustrated Volland book.

The second is an immediate sequel whose events begin the next day (written in 1928).

It appeared as the Big Big Book printed nine years later (1936) called Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins with Jad-Bal-Ja, the Golden Lion.

Next came the BLB #770 The Tarzan Twins in 1934. This and the Fast Action are adaptations of the 1927 Volland book.

Then came the Dell Fast Action Book Tarzan and the Tarzan Twins in the Jungle in 1938. This is a condensation of the BLB #770 plus Doc and become Bob and Don.

Now, if you really want to get confused there are a total of three versions of the BLB The Tarzan Twins:

2nd was a variant of #770 printed in 1935 but has no number, it also has a page count of 432. The cover is a reprint of the Illustration of page 409 and back cover reprints the illustration from page 83.

3rd was printed in 1935 but only has 48 pages. this one has a soft cover and is stapled together. This variant was an unusual size, 3-1/2 X 5-3/4 and was a give-away.

(worship)

(worship)

(worship) (worship)

Oh, I know it`s just a 3rd printing.

TarzanTwins.jpg

Sweet! What printing is this one? For some reason I have never picked up a copy of this book, but I do want one.

So your a ERB collector then? What all do you collect/concentrate on?