• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many books do you submit to get slabbed?

How many books do you submit to get slabbed on a yearly basis?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. How many books do you submit to get slabbed on a yearly basis?

40 posts in this topic

I send in twice a year once in chicago 8-10 books & once in November 13-30

But plans for next year is to stop buying comics & start sending in 20 or 30 a month for the year starting in January.

Put them all away and stop buying comic books altogether ... :insane:

That's my problem as well... lol

But I have many key books that I should really submit :)

I only hang out here for the lustre,

and it ups my coolness factor.

none so far...like others, when I start thinking about what it would cost to slab my slab-worthy books...that's like me going on a spending spree at conventions for 2 years, literally foregoing thousands of treasures in the process.

none so far...like others, when I start thinking about what it would cost to slab my slab-worthy books...that's like me going on a spending spree at conventions for 2 years, literally foregoing thousands of treasures in the process.

None as of yet, and I agree with the above.

I dont feel the need to Slab, (shrug) althought I will at times buy slabbed.

That being said I apreciate this forum set up by C.G.C. and the fact that it is open to slabbers and non slabbers alike (thumbs u

CGC has about 50 or so of my books to be graded. But my friend is insane, helps that he is a dealer. Cgc has about 700 of his books to get graded, and he sub's about 50-100 every week or two easy. Its like Christmas when he gets his packages back though.

I've only submitted one book to CGC myself; my Amazing Fantasy 15.

I didn't even care about the numerical grade. I was personally happy with it's eye appeal and it was a purchase made for me to keep forever, not an investment.

I simply wanted the peace of mind to know it was authentic and I didn't buy a fake. Plus, to know if there was any restoration work done on it. I had these concerns since I bought it raw on eBay.

Lucky for me it came back authentic in a blue label. (thumbs u

I've bought a few other CGC books on eBay, but they were originally submitted by someone else obviously.