• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TDK So Close To $1 Billion

44 posts in this topic

I thought it was great....but I still prefer the X-men franchise movies.Batman would be second and Spidey a close third. I think all of those were very well done. Iron Man and Hulk are tied for fourth in my opinion.DK would have done well even if Ledger had lived...he had a HUGE fan base.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I thought it was great....but I still prefer the X-men franchise movies.Batman would be second and Spidey a close third. I think all of those were very well done. Iron Man and Hulk are tied for fourth in my opinion.DK would have done well even if Ledger had lived...he had a HUGE fan base.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:headbang: X-Men movies is that good.

Christopher Nolan on 'Dark Knight' and its box-office billion: 'It's mystifying to me'

07:45 AM PT, Oct 27 2008

'Dark Knight' director says he isn't sure he will make a third Bat-film. Why? He says: "I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"

Christopher Nolan on 'Dark Knight' and its box-office billion: 'It's mystifying to me'

07:45 AM PT, Oct 27 2008

'Dark Knight' director says he isn't sure he will make a third Bat-film. Why? He says: "I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (thumbs u

And I am also one of those who found TDK lacking. Iron Man was much more enjoyable.

I saw it on a regular screen. Is the IMAX worth it?

I think so. The scenes where you see the Gotham skyline at night are infinitely more powerful in Imax. The entire movie benefits from Imax' immersive experience, not just the cityscapes, but those really stood out to me as good use of the format.

Rachel was horrible, what kind of bizarro universe would you to have to have where Maggie Gyllenhaal would have Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart fighting over her. :roflmao:

I also didn't like Batman's helmet and voice, which were a big step back from Batman Begins.

As you all know, I hate to ever agree with JC and fortunately don't most of the time.

But, i have to once again agree that the choice of Rachel was almost ridiculous. as JC said, how can one even imagine that those two dudes would be fighting over someone that looked that ordinary.....and, Batman's voice was a bit distracting.

Otherwise an overall brilliant piece of movie making from my perspective. AND, a billion dollars says the world pretty much agreed............... :sumo:

...no offense gang, but does that mean a girl needs to be hot for two guys to fight over her? Can't they both have feelings for her regardless of how she looks?

doh!

I wasn't a big fan initially of their choice of MG, but you know what? The movie has that "magic"...it has a formula and it obviously worked....and when you have a working formula and mess with it it can ruin the entire film. They obviously felt that she was the person for the job and 1$BIL later they were right.

I think they got most of the bang on, personally.

(thumbs u

...no offense gang, but does that mean a girl needs to be hot for two guys to fight over her? Can't they both have feelings for her regardless of how she looks?

doh!

stereotypical society would seem to indicate "yes" though we know the answer is "no"

doh!

stereotypical society would seem to indicate "yes" though we know the answer is "no"

I think they were spot on with their choice of cast.

She looked like an average decent looking girl...nothing spectacular...but gave Wayne something he couldn't find in the entire Russian Ballet dance club. Something solid.

I'm going to defend their choice of her.

R.