• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TDK So Close To $1 Billion

44 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who didn't get a raging hard-on from this flick?

Two-Face was wasted, the chick who plays Rachel annoyed the mess out of me, Batman's voice was so overdone it comes off as comical, and the final battle between Bats and the Joker was disappointing.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it isn't worth the hype IMO.

Rachel was horrible, what kind of bizarro universe would you to have to have where Maggie Gyllenhaal would have Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart fighting over her. :roflmao:

I also didn't like Batman's helmet and voice, which were a big step back from Batman Begins.

Rachel was horrible, what kind of bizarro universe would you to have to have where Maggie Gyllenhaal would have Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart fighting over her. :roflmao:

I also didn't like Batman's helmet and voice, which were a big step back from Batman Begins.

Contrary for contrary's sake again Joe?

Is it possible to make a superhero movie to your exacting standards? And if they did, would anyone but you pay to see it?

992,000,000 dollars speak pretty loudly that most people thought it was pretty good. Including me.

992,000,00 dollars speak pretty loud that most people thought it was pretty good. Including me.

There is often little to no correlation between how popular something is and its quality, especially in the film industry. And in this specific case, Ledger's untimely death was a factor. I know many people who have no interest in Batman, and wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for him. Hype is a powerful thing.

It is the greatest superhero movie ever made...... NUFF SAID

I thought Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins were better. Is that ok?

Contrary for contrary's sake again Joe?

Is it possible to make a superhero movie to your exacting standards? And if they did, would anyone but you pay to see it?

992,000,00 dollars speak pretty loud that most people thought it was pretty good. Including me.

Would you expect any thing other than contraryness "is that a word?" from the Ghost of Deathlock!! (shrug)

I do agree with JC on one point, I really think Batmans voice is a bit over done.

Overall great flick, but I personally enjoyed IRON MAN more.

Two-Face was wasted, the chick who plays Rachel annoyed the mess out of me, Batman's voice was so overdone it comes off as comical, and the final battle between Bats and the Joker was disappointing.

I'm not saying it was bad, but it isn't worth the hype IMO.

me too.

It was a great comic book movie, but it was not the second coming.

Ledger was brilliant.

I thought the movie was great. I did think Rachel pretty much sucked but overall the movie well worth the price of admission. I think I saw this clip on here recently but it is worth bringing up again.

It is the greatest superhero movie ever made...... NUFF SAID

I thought Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins were better. Is that ok?

Perfectly fine. I think Dark Knight was as good or better than Spiderman and Batman Begins. I agree that Spidey 2 was better.

But, there are those who hated Spiderman because the Goblin's costume sucked. Or hated Spidey 2 because Doc Ock pranced around shirtless.

My point is so what if Bales has a lisp, or his whispery voice annoyed some people. Big flippin deal. I would rather they make superhero movies than not make them. When they make tons of money, it ensures there will be more made. That is the wonderful thing about Dark Knight. Plus, I loved the movie. I thought it rocked on every level.

I think all comic book fans can recognize a good comic book movie when they see it, and I think that above and beyond that, Batman and Spider-Man fans in particular, have strong feelings about both current properties.

Once I realise someone's home team leanings, I weigh those comments accordingly, both positive and negative.