• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Praise of Doug Sulipa

53 posts in this topic

so you guys that use him frequently-

does he price using Overstreet, GPA, or another standard?

does he do well with wish lists? Is this the way to really utilize him?

will he send scans if you ask?

He sells most of his undergraded books slightly above Overstreet. That shouldn't bother you as you will usually get a better book than you expected. I know that happens to greggy on a regular basis and that's why he deals with him....but I didn't know about the gut-punching thing. Obviously doesn't bother greggy as he keeps going back. (shrug)

thanks bud. I'm putting him down to look for runs of late SA and early BA Marvels. We'll see how he does on price and grade! (thumbs u

We spend so much time ripping dealers and negativity, I just wanted to single out a name big time dealer. Obviously, I've bought from almost all the major dealers and there are many who I continue to frequent for their solid grading and customer service.

I have to place Doug at the absolute pinnacle. By FAR over time now and in the last few orders the absolute BEST of the major dealer graders. When you get a book to me there are (almost always) only three possibilities. The book is exactly the grade you ordered, the book is better than the grade you ordered, or, and this is on less than 10% of the books I ordered, one step off in my opinion (i.e. 9.2 instead of 9.4). I opened my last order with Bob Siman and he was very impressed. I just opened another order and again I am very satisfied.

I also wanted to give him support because he's so responsive to emails and really cares about customer service. I received this package in 5 days and packed unbelievably well and with care. Emails were responded to within hours of initial contact with most transactions finalized quickly.

This guy sets the bar to me. One caveat of course (no one is perfect) the website is a bit confusing and difficult to navigate. But you can email him a want list or generally what you are looking for (HG Caps?) and he will send you a list. Frankly, I needed no scans on any of these, and I have yet to be disappointed. Snow white pages on many of the books and wonderful color strike. Very few with any miswraps and those that do have been noted up front and it is minor at best.

Again, I hope forumites will seriously consider using him. He is one of the absolute best.

Suck

We spend so much time ripping dealers and negativity, I just wanted to single out a name big time dealer. Obviously, I've bought from almost all the major dealers and there are many who I continue to frequent for their solid grading and customer service.

I have to place Doug at the absolute pinnacle. By FAR over time now and in the last few orders the absolute BEST of the major dealer graders. When you get a book to me there are (almost always) only three possibilities. The book is exactly the grade you ordered, the book is better than the grade you ordered, or, and this is on less than 10% of the books I ordered, one step off in my opinion (i.e. 9.2 instead of 9.4). I opened my last order with Bob Siman and he was very impressed. I just opened another order and again I am very satisfied.

I also wanted to give him support because he's so responsive to emails and really cares about customer service. I received this package in 5 days and packed unbelievably well and with care. Emails were responded to within hours of initial contact with most transactions finalized quickly.

This guy sets the bar to me. One caveat of course (no one is perfect) the website is a bit confusing and difficult to navigate. But you can email him a want list or generally what you are looking for (HG Caps?) and he will send you a list. Frankly, I needed no scans on any of these, and I have yet to be disappointed. Snow white pages on many of the books and wonderful color strike. Very few with any miswraps and those that do have been noted up front and it is minor at best.

Again, I hope forumites will seriously consider using him. He is one of the absolute best.

Suck

Eh?

Suck

Eh?

Ooh.

Suck

Eh?

Brown noser :jokealert:

Suck

Eh?

Ahhhh... you know, you get all the good stuff first from Sulipa from what I hear... I'm just picking through your scraps.

Suck

Eh?

Ahhhh... you know, you get all the good stuff first from Sulipa from what I hear... I'm just picking through your scraps.

Someone has to query him constantly about when the next Manitoba list would be listed. Sadly, I've been asking since July but it kept getting delayed.

Suck

Eh?

Someone has to query him constantly about when the next Manitoba list would be listed. Sadly, I've been asking since July but it kept getting delayed.

Yeah... these Manitobas are pretty awesome, even the "lower" grades like the 9.2s and even some of the 9.0s are really outstanding for their grade.

Suck

Eh?

Yeah... these Manitobas are pretty awesome, even the "lower" grades like the 9.2s and even some of the 9.0s are really outstanding for their grade.

Yeah, but I stopped rushing him. In the past, I would literally email him every day asking about his new list. Once he finished like at around 2:30 AM but still sent me the list. But I realized that he must have been rushed in his grading so I just let him take his time.

:news:

Guys, he is putting another list together. So, if you want it emailed to you, just email him and ask. He'll be happy to put you on the list.

:cry:

I must be the only one who likes Doug's site. Sure I don't like the structure but after a while you know where everything is listed. I don't mind doing the extra leg work BECAUSE his inventory is generally 95% accurate / up-to-date. The fact that it's never out-dated is in my mind another plus for Doug. I hate sites that show: Last Updated March 2005 meh

Doug is fantastic! When I got back into comics last year and found these boards, someone suggested using Doug to purchase books. I did and I've been hooked ever since. Yes the website is not flashy nor does it have book scans, but other than that, it works. Make heavy use of emails - you'll need it to get pricing and grades. He usually responds within a day and his grading is tight.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Guys, he is putting another list together. So, if you want it emailed to you, just email him and ask. He'll be happy to put you on the list.

No one will get their orders in faster than you. Last time you were already showing yours on the Boards and I was finalizing my order. lol

No one will get their orders in faster than you. Last time you were already showing yours on the Boards and I was finalizing my order. lol

I emailed Doug to get him to send the list in alphabetical order.

abcdefhijklmopqrstuvwxyzg