• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

As opposed to spending 1 million on a comic book, which makes you look like...?

a true investor :cool:

A Hummer is a great investment.At what 10 miles a gallon you are investing in the oil companies profits.

Wasnt there a swedish car that did 256?I know it was faster than the Bugatti that sold for 1.2.Maybe they upgraded this years model

As far as I know, the only Sweedish car that comes close is the Koenigsegg CC, and that tops out at around 242.

Did you see that car COI?It was awesome and a bargin at only 645k.

Awesome video, but I'd take the comic in a second. A car like that just isn't practical. You can't exactly drive it to the grocery store. Storage, insurance, everything about the car is a pain unless you're already massively wealthy.

A hg action 1 you can just throw in a bank deposit box and you're good.

Wasnt there a swedish car that did 256?I know it was faster than the Bugatti that sold for 1.2.Maybe they upgraded this years model

As far as I know, the only Sweedish car that comes close is the Koenigsegg CC, and that tops out at around 242.

Did you see that car COI?It was awesome and a bargin at only 645k.

It would seem so based purely on power, but the specs on the Veyron are much more impressive overall, which explains why it's faster even though it's much heavier. There's just much more to the Veyron (the braking system, for example), and it does justify the price difference, IMO.

It's not that simple, Dan. Safety deposit boxes aren't insured by banks; the contents have to be insured under a separate policy.

And if you have a garage, you can store the car. It would require much more maintenance, though, which costs a small fortune in itself. The tires alone cost 25K.

It's not that simple, Dan. Safety deposit boxes aren't insured by banks; the contents have to be insured under a separate policy.

And if you have a garage, you can store the car. It would require much more maintenance, though, which costs a small fortune in itself. The tires alone cost 25K.

well that's exactly my point - the average joe can't afford those tires! or even an oil change or gas, probably lol - to say nothing of what a year's insurance on that vehicle must cost (obviously far more costly than the comic book insurance). A deposit box and insurance policy for the comic book on the other hand, the average guy could pull off.

That sure is a ugly car. Amazing speed, but downright ugly. I want to see an American car on top again.

the american manufacturers can't even stay profitable; what chance do they have.

In the bugatti's defense, it would probably impress the ladies a lot more than the comic book lol

That sure is a ugly car. Amazing speed, but downright ugly. I want to see an American car on top again.

the american manufacturers can't even stay profitable; what chance do they have.

Upon further research the current holder of fastest street legal car is actually an American car (produced by Shelby). The SSC Aero broke the Bugatti's record at 257 mph.

070601004.10_mn.jpg

Upon further research the current holder of fastest street legal car is actually an American car (produced by Shelby). The SSC Aero broke the Bugatti's record at 257 mph.

I never claimed this was the fastest car, the video did, simply because this speed test was done prior to the record break.

That doesn't make it a better car. Put the 2 at 250 MPH, and see which one stops faster. You also have to consider the fact that the Veyron has about 1000 lbs on the Aero.

There's a lot more to consider than top speed, and there's a reason why the Veyron is roughly 3X more expensive than the Aero.

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

As opposed to spending 1 million on a comic book, which makes you look like...?

a true investor :cool:

Right, because cars aren't collectible and they never reach 7 figures at auction. meh

The ones valued at over 7 figures aren't for sale, but some could easily surmount it.

If we're going to play this game, there are cars that have been estimated at being worth around the $20 million mark, if they ever come to public sale. As for substantiated sales, a 61 Ferrari 250 GT California sold for 10.89m at auction. Find me a comic that has even come close.

On top of that, there are many cars that can command 7 figures. How many comics are there that even have a shot? 2?

any NM Action 1

any NM Detective 27

MH copy of Marvel 1

MH copy of AA 16

any NM+ copy of Superman 1

a 9.8 copy of Batman 1

need I go on (shrug) ... probably as many (if not more) comics that would sell for 7 figures, than production cars (though, I would say there are far more collector cars that would comman 7 figures than comics, but it is closer than 2)

I never claimed this was the fastest car, the video did, simply because this speed test was done prior to the record break.

And, I never said that you made that claim. (shrug)

I'll take an Action #1 over the Bugatti. I'll take the Aero over the Action #1.

I have to agree with CC.

The Veyron's looks have been widely panned, and the driving experience has been described by some critics as being "soulless". That said, you've got to applaud the unadulterated ambition and sheer excess of the car - no doubt the Veyron will go down in the history books as one of the top symbols of the recently ended Gilded Age.

Veyron vs. NM Action #1? I'm not sure what I would do with either. There are plenty of cars I'd rather have than the Veyron (including the similarly priced Lamborghini Reventon and Aston Martin One-77, as well as a host of slightly more practical vehicles), and I've certainly no desire to own an Action #1, NM or otherwise.

If it came down to it, I'd probably take whichever one I thought I could sell for more. If I had to actually hold onto it, I'd probably take the Veyron, being slightly less useless than the comic book. I'd take the Reventon or the One-77 in a heartbeat over either, though. :takeit:

By the way, for you gearheads out there, here is my all-time favorite Top Gear segment - Jeremy Clarkson reviewing the Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. "It's like listening to the Cirque de Soleil being chopped up by their own chainsaws....Who cares about [Ferrari's] 5-way traction control? I don't want that! I want more of THIS!!" lol