• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

You can buy a nice piece of land and a house in Italy, Ireland or any other beautiful location for that kind of money. Forget the comic book or the car. Im buying my retirement home.
very true, but the question was posed "just for fun"... so, why not enjoy the fantasy (like a lovely Irish gal and a pint!) lol

Exactly. I certainly don't think either the car or the comic are the best ways to spend 1.5 million. The Veyron also wouldn't be my #1 choice of car if I was in the market for an exotic, I just picked it because it's so excessive.

Neither one - both are tailor-made for insecure males.

Comic fan = Breadstick arms and pencil neck

Look at naked women = perv in mom's basement

Date lots of women = misogynist

Sports car enthusiast = small peeenis

What am I supposed to do with all my free time?

I'd pick the Action. Exotic cars are cool, but '68-'71 American is what floats my boat. Besides, I don't have any desire to go beyond 70 mph anyway. For cars I'd rather have a '71 Road Runner or GTX.

1971-Plymouth-Road-Runner-4.jpg

101713.1971.Plymouth.Road.Runner.jpg

Im with ya. nothing like american muscle first. Here is my dad's car. He is the original owner and keeps it looking good to this day.

Cerrito2.jpg[/img]

What kind of car is that?

1966 mercury comet, Cyclone GT. all original, just some minor modifications to the 390 ci engine that was done about 25 years ago. Oh, he had chrome rims put on it because they kept stealing the hubcaps, although he's got a bunch in the garage. The car was in Brooklyn for the first 25 years and now sits nice and cozy in the garage in Pennsylvania.

Jeff

That is a nice looking car.Looks to be as straight and dent free as new.

My grandpa had a 1965 Chevy Caprice 396 turbo jet engine.That car was a rocket with couches for seats.Sadly when he passed my grandmother gave it away.

Dennis

1966 mercury comet, Cyclone GT. all original, just some minor modifications to the 390 ci engine that was done about 25 years ago. Oh, he had chrome rims put on it because they kept stealing the hubcaps, although he's got a bunch in the garage. The car was in Brooklyn for the first 25 years and now sits nice and cozy in the garage in Pennsylvania.

Jeff

That is a nice looking car.Looks to be as straight and dent free as new.

My grandpa had a 1965 Chevy Caprice 396 turbo jet engine.That car was a rocket with couches for seats.Sadly when he passed my grandmother gave it away.

Dennis

Nothing like nuts and bolts to fix your cars back in the day. I love watching the Barrett-Jackson auctions on TV looking at those cars. They have an auction in Atlantic City in February that me and my dad go to every year. They have a few thousand cars there as well. kruseinternational.com i believe is the website.

Jeff

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

As opposed to spending 1 million on a comic book, which makes you look like...?

a true investor :cool:

Right, because cars aren't collectible and they never reach 7 figures at auction. meh

The ones valued at over 7 figures aren't for sale, but some could easily surmount it.

If we're going to play this game, there are cars that have been estimated at being worth around the $20 million mark, if they ever come to public sale. As for substantiated sales, a 61 Ferrari 250 GT California sold for 10.89m at auction. Find me a comic that has even come close.

On top of that, there are many cars that can command 7 figures. How many comics are there that even have a shot? 2?

any NM Action 1

any NM Detective 27

MH copy of Marvel 1

MH copy of AA 16

any NM+ copy of Superman 1

a 9.8 copy of Batman 1

need I go on (shrug) ... probably as many (if not more) comics that would sell for 7 figures, than production cars (though, I would say there are far more collector cars that would comman 7 figures than comics, but it is closer than 2)

Do all of these exist?

I don't know about the last two but I'm pretty sure the first 4 do.

R.

OK but those are pretty much the ones that would crack a mil. And frankly I don't think the AA16 MH would, or it would have sold. And I'd say the marvel 1 wouldn't be a lock either. So that leaves two "for sures" in the entire friggin hobby - MH AC1 and Allentown tec 27. That's a not a heck of a lot.

Well it's just talking back and forth, I understand...but I believe the MH A #1 would top several $MIL, and I hear that the AA #16 had an offer of 0.75 $MIL that was turned down so I have no probs believing the MH MC #1 would crack a $MIL. It's rumored to be 9.6/9.8 perfect...that is a freak of nature if I ever saw one.

67890.jpg.5d870e638394ea23b5f5b54a64c96ecc.jpg

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

As opposed to spending 1 million on a comic book, which makes you look like...?

a true investor :cool:

Right, because cars aren't collectible and they never reach 7 figures at auction. meh

The ones valued at over 7 figures aren't for sale, but some could easily surmount it.

If we're going to play this game, there are cars that have been estimated at being worth around the $20 million mark, if they ever come to public sale. As for substantiated sales, a 61 Ferrari 250 GT California sold for 10.89m at auction. Find me a comic that has even come close.

On top of that, there are many cars that can command 7 figures. How many comics are there that even have a shot? 2?

any NM Action 1

any NM Detective 27

MH copy of Marvel 1

MH copy of AA 16

any NM+ copy of Superman 1

a 9.8 copy of Batman 1

need I go on (shrug) ... probably as many (if not more) comics that would sell for 7 figures, than production cars (though, I would say there are far more collector cars that would comman 7 figures than comics, but it is closer than 2)

Do all of these exist?

I don't know about the last two but I'm pretty sure the first 4 do.

R.

again, we are just talking "what if's" here...

Well, I agree on the car. Buying a flashy car to impress girls is classic male compensation behavior (yes, yes, some guys really love the car and performance, but some guys also really read Playboy for the articles).

But who the hell buys a comic book to impress girls? If they do, then they're really clueless.

Well, I agree on the car. Buying a flashy car to impress girls is classic male compensation behavior (yes, yes, some guys really love the car and performance, but some guys also really read Playboy for the articles).

But who the hell buys a comic book to impress girls? If they do, then they're really clueless.

wait a minute...are you saying that comics don't impress girls :o

holy crud, I have been going about this the wrong way doh!

wait a minute...are you saying that comics don't impress girls :o

holy crud, I have been going about this the wrong way doh!

yeah but, in your case it works because you sit in your ferrari reading comics. THAT impresses girls.

Well i read playboy for the articles. i mean, yeah i look at the pictures to but i read the articles also. As a matter of fact, next month in playboy, there will be an article about comic books. So everyone here can read it for the articles too now!!

Well i read playboy for the articles. i mean, yeah i look at the pictures to but i read the articles also. As a matter of fact, next month in playboy, there will be an article about comic books. So everyone here can read it for the articles too now!!

I assume you are joking, but if not, I will have to get me a copy lol

So YOU'RE the guy! lol

I assume you are joking, but if not, I will have to get me a copy lol

No im serious pal. its called comic book heroes and its about how 4 award-winning authors consider the effect comic books had on their lives.

So YOU'RE the guy! lol

:acclaim: