• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

In Ontario, Canada as of last year if you do 50 KM/H (about 30 MPH) over the speed limit on any public road it is considered racing. It results in automatic seizure of the vehicle, immediate license suspection and a $500 fine (IIRC). It's the funniest thing to be on the major highways and every one, I mean everyone around me is doing 149 KM/H on the way to work where the posted speed is 100 KM/H.

R.

The signs on the 400 say 50/km over the speed limit results in $10,000 fine (might be up to $10,000).

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

There are PLENTY of other cars I would rather have than a BV. PLENTY. I drive an H2. Besides Hummer I like HUGE Ford pickup trucks. Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. For me this is an easy choice.

CC

What about spending a million on gas?

There are plenty of cars I would drive and NEVER even think about an H2 or a Ford, but hey that's what makes this world great. Some people have good taste and some people don't.

lol

A hummer to me is owned by someone with small mans syndrome.Just my opinion of course.

I'd pick the Action. Exotic cars are cool, but '68-'71 American is what floats my boat. Besides, I don't have any desire to go beyond 70 mph anyway. For cars I'd rather have a '71 Road Runner or GTX.

1971-Plymouth-Road-Runner-4.jpg

101713.1971.Plymouth.Road.Runner.jpg

Im with ya. nothing like american muscle first. Here is my dad's car. He is the original owner and keeps it looking good to this day.

Cerrito2.jpg[/img]

I like the engine of course, but the outside of it is ugly as mess. I'd take a Action 1 any day of the week.

Sacrilege. The body is an important part of its incredible design. The whole package is a feat of engineering.

There are PLENTY of other cars I would rather have than a BV. PLENTY. I drive an H2. Besides Hummer I like HUGE Ford pickup trucks. Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point. For me this is an easy choice.

CC

There are plenty of cars I would drive and NEVER even think about an H2 or a Ford, but hey that's what makes this world great. Some people have good taste and some people don't.

lol

A hummer to me is owned by someone with small mans syndrome.Just my opinion of course.

I don't know if it has been proven, but I was told by a Hummer dealer that a majority of Hummer owners are women.

CC

lol

I don't know if it has been proven, but I was told by a Hummer dealer that a majority of Hummer owners are women.

Oh my, that post can be taken apart so many different ways.

:roflmao:

CC

lol

I Had bought my wife a H2 last year, until the gas prices made it "unaffordable"....

CC

lol

Oh my, that post can be taken apart so many different ways.

:roflmao:

By the way remind me not to tell you all what I drive.

I'd pick the Action. Exotic cars are cool, but '68-'71 American is what floats my boat. Besides, I don't have any desire to go beyond 70 mph anyway. For cars I'd rather have a '71 Road Runner or GTX.

Im with ya. nothing like american muscle first. Here is my dad's car. He is the original owner and keeps it looking good to this day.

Cerrito2.jpg[/img]

What kind of car is that?

By the way remind me not to tell you all what I drive.

Yugo? :baiting:

for the longest time, we told our kids that daddy's other cars were "pinto's" (they recognize the horse)....we didn't want them to "brag" to other kids, etc (those with kids know that they are more competitive on our behalf, then we generally are!).... so, it was funny when every now and again another father would ask why I own a "pinto" lol

I have to agree with CC.

To each his own, I guess.

honestly, there's a lot of silly money paid for contemporary art from living artists, so why knock Action 1, which has had a big cultural impact as opposed to ...well, you name any number of seven figure works from living artists.

Cerrito2.jpg[/img]

What kind of car is that?

1966 mercury comet, Cyclone GT. all original, just some minor modifications to the 390 ci engine that was done about 25 years ago. Oh, he had chrome rims put on it because they kept stealing the hubcaps, although he's got a bunch in the garage. The car was in Brooklyn for the first 25 years and now sits nice and cozy in the garage in Pennsylvania.

Jeff

Spending 1 million on a car makes you look like a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

As opposed to spending 1 million on a comic book, which makes you look like...?

a true investor :cool:

Right, because cars aren't collectible and they never reach 7 figures at auction. meh

The ones valued at over 7 figures aren't for sale, but some could easily surmount it.

If we're going to play this game, there are cars that have been estimated at being worth around the $20 million mark, if they ever come to public sale. As for substantiated sales, a 61 Ferrari 250 GT California sold for 10.89m at auction. Find me a comic that has even come close.

On top of that, there are many cars that can command 7 figures. How many comics are there that even have a shot? 2?

any NM Action 1

any NM Detective 27

MH copy of Marvel 1

MH copy of AA 16

any NM+ copy of Superman 1

a 9.8 copy of Batman 1

need I go on (shrug) ... probably as many (if not more) comics that would sell for 7 figures, than production cars (though, I would say there are far more collector cars that would comman 7 figures than comics, but it is closer than 2)

Do all of these exist?