• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback on an AF 15

41 posts in this topic

Here are other back covers of an AF 15 and an ASM 1 that are blue label with a similar mild "fan" appearance at the top left edge.

AF15Back150.jpg

ASM1CGC45back.jpg

the AF 15 under consideration has some wrinkling on the right which made the left edge look fanned, I believe (and hope)

The biggest red flag for me would be why are all the pictures ok...EXCEPT for the one of the FC? I don't think they are pics of the same book. If he is serious about receiving $3k from you, you'd think he could pony up some decent scans of it.

Matter-o-fact, I can guarantee they are not pics of the same book. The pic of the FC has the staples about 1/8 off the spine of the book and onto the FC. The pic of the back has indents on the spine where the staples are dead on the spine.

Tell him where to stick it. Don't get scammed out of your money, bro. (tsk)

Also at the bottom of this picture, you can see there is a small chip out of the bottom edge of the FC...

AF15_largeInside.jpg

...about right....................................HERE! (:

Looking at this picture, the chip has amazingly disappeared. hm

af15_frontMike.jpg

Also at the bottom of this picture, you can see there is a small chip out of the bottom edge of the FC...

AF15_largeInside.jpg

...about right....................................HERE! (:

Looking at this picture, the chip has amazingly disappeared. hm

af15_frontMike.jpg

:o:o:o

I think Dice is right. This definitely doesn't look OK. I'm not 100% certain on the staples issue, but the chip thing is (tsk)

You should at least ask for a big, clear scan of the front cover, before committing to anything :sumo:

Thanks. You guys have eagle eyes! And you are right about the chip. The seller had already mentioned it. As far as the staples, I will investigate further and get a better picture of the front. It still may be the same book front and back. Thanks.

So, suppose this appears to be the same book after careful review. If he sends me a Paypal invoice and I pay using a credit card, am I well protected? He said he will give me full contact information and a letter describing the sale with specific guarantee of no restoration.

Post the pictures here before you commit. Let us mull them over. As many conspiracy theorists as there are on here, they are more often right than they are wrong.

A second opinion never hurts. :gossip:

The observations so far have been really good ones.

Look at the photos again...they appear to be from three or four different sources.

The last two photos are scans, but the scan quality and backgrounds are completely different.

I don't think there's any photos the seller could send me to convince me to trust him. I would walk away from this.

Jon

The observations so far have been really good ones.

Look at the photos again...they appear to be from three or four different sources.

The last two photos are scans, but the scan quality and backgrounds are completely different.

I don't think there's any photos the seller could send me to convince me to trust him. I would walk away from this.

Jon

...and then the voice of reason arrived...

hm

I think Dice is right. This definitely doesn't look OK. I'm not 100% certain on the staples issue, but the chip thing is (tsk)

You should at least ask for a big, clear scan of the front cover, before committing to anything :sumo:

Ahem . . . thank you very much. :sumo:

The biggest red flag for me would be why are all the pictures ok...EXCEPT for the one of the FC? I don't think they are pics of the same book. If he is serious about receiving $3k from you, you'd think he could pony up some decent scans of it.

Gee, I wish I thought of that . . . :baiting:

Gee, I wish I thought of that . . . :baiting:

David you are the man (worship)

Stay tuned, I am going to get a better pic of the front cover later today.

Make sure they are from the book you're considering buying. I noticed the staple thing too, and would walk away from this guy.

If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

This looks too good.

Somebody find and post the proviso from FFB where he states that he would never buy THIS issue unslabbed or from someone he didn't know personally . . . :)

Just too high an incidence of shenanigans with this issue. :grin:

Stay tuned, I am going to get a better pic of the front cover later today.

Why would he scan the back cover and put a blurry pic up of the front cover? Also, the front cover looks clean and nice and the back cover has a ton of wear and wrinkles. I can say with 96.25% certainty that the front and back cover are not from the same book.