• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Goals

81 posts in this topic

- Buy 98% of Nik's good stuff.

- Hopefully complete my G.I. Joe project. The movie might actually help me in shaking out some issues meeting my standards that I haven't found in slabs since I started.

- Knock off 20-33% of my current wish list. It would help if I wouldn't buy dupes of books I view as strong values right now.

- Make a big splash with either a GA or very early SA book (hopefully a key) like I did with Superboy #68 this year.

- Make it to WW Chicago and meet a bunch of wankers who collect funnybooks.

- Try not to have a heart attack over all the spending this is going to entail. I think I need to become a crack dealer to meet 50% of these goals. I really don't want to sell any of my books any time soon if I can help it.

looking forward to it! :banana:

Yes. Nerd herd shepherding is an under appreciated profession.

Someones got to keep them in check.

I even need to be kept in line at times. whip.gif

:acclaim:

2009 goals, eh... hm

1. complete my Invincible 1-50 run in 9.6SS/9.8+U

2. score the lone Invincible #1 LE CGC 10.0

3. sell 90% of my GA books in order to score some more Invincible OA

5. cut my monthly pull list down to 5 books instead of 10-15

6. continue my RASL 9.8 run

7. Score a Bone #1 CGC 9.4+ / Complete my CGC Phoney Bone cover run

8. Score a raw Adventure Comics #60 in mid-grade

9. Score a raw Mask #2 in low to mid-grade

10. Find one ore two more 9.9 moderns on my want list (i.e. Gen 13 #1, Spawn #1)

1. Finish Avengers run.

2. bank for some big books.

3. Sell about a box and a half.

lots of non-comic related goals for 09-10. The next two years of my life is going to be very productive.

I wondered when this thread would pop up.

Just this week I decided to go after a SA key (before all of them are priced out of my league). Should have done it years ago.

Could be a good time to buy unless the Avengers/Thor/Captain America movies totally bomb in 2010/2011?

I will just continue to plug away at getting Moon Knight Appearances and anything new.

My primary goal though Hopefully I will get by end of this month or December which is my A+ certification. Because of this a big chunk of my saved money for comics and new computer will be used up :(