• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Goals

81 posts in this topic

I would like to get my Detective 301-400 set to 20 books total, and get my Detective 401-500 run up to about 60-70 issues.

That translates into:

about 15 books in the 300's

about 20 books in the 400's

And they are just so cheap too ! :P

Im glad my standards are lower then yours wen it comes to slabs. I doubt we will ever be butting heads.

:gossip:

Get back in the bleedin' gym before everything goes south.

Wait for that long-anticipated but strangely yet to materialize downturn in the hobby so I can grab all those luverly Marvel Mysterys (early ones especially) which are currently out of reach.

Try and complete my Hit Comics run. Again, not likely if I want above FN/FN+.

Try pathetically to focus on one run specifically and then give up.

Buy all of 1koko's books.

Admit that I will never own every pre-code horror comic ever published.

Start wearing a grey fleece, become a tax auditor and move to Vancouver.

You don't get lucky often? :insane:

I have pictures...which time of the day do you prefer?

Does Lou know about this (tsk)

She does now.

She just slapped me.

:insane:

I would like to get my Detective 301-400 set to 20 books total, and get my Detective 401-500 run up to about 60-70 issues.

That translates into:

about 15 books in the 300's

about 20 books in the 400's

And they are just so cheap too ! :P

Im glad my standards are lower then yours wen it comes to slabs. I doubt we will ever be butting heads.

:gossip:

I cant hear you.. Speak Up !

Oh and I did end up with a sweet 9.6 last week for some loose change. That shocked me.

At least 1 Timely Cap in 7.0 or higher

At least 1 Marvel Mystery in 7.0 or higher

HG ECs, preferably Gaines File Copies

Work on the early issues of my X-Men 1-50 run, but not 1,2,3 yet.

I'm finally making bank next year, so I might actually get to these goals!

hm This past summer and fall have been really amazing in terms of my collecting goals. What's left?

1. Pay off my Amazing Fantasy 15 and sell as few of my comics books as possible to make this happen. This one's going to take some time and planning. :eek:

2. Complete my Amazing Spider-Man run (AF 15, 1-328, Annuals 1-25). I'm about 88% complete, so coming along nicely.

3. Finish my Uncanny X-Men 94-225 run.

4. Finish my Conan 1-25 run.

5. Acquire a John Romita Sr. sketch of some form or another. This goal might be closer to the end of '09 to '10 due to #1. :grin:

- Buy 98% of Nik's good stuff.

- Hopefully complete my G.I. Joe project. The movie might actually help me in shaking out some issues meeting my standards that I haven't found in slabs since I started.

- Knock off 20-33% of my current wish list. It would help if I wouldn't buy dupes of books I view as strong values right now.

- Make a big splash with either a GA or very early SA book (hopefully a key) like I did with Superboy #68 this year.

- Make it to WW Chicago and meet a bunch of wankers who collect funnybooks.

- Try not to have a heart attack over all the spending this is going to entail. I think I need to become a crack dealer to meet 50% of these goals. I really don't want to sell any of my books any time soon if I can help it.