• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck at MidOhioCon

103 posts in this topic

Dang! Mile High Chuck says in his latest newsletter that he will be at MidOhioCon this weekend. Now I have no chance of buying those mid-grades with the hopes of selling them at NM prices, since I know he will scoop them up prior to the show opening... crazy.gif

stooges.gifacclaim.gifinsane.gif

Dammmit!!!!! I always miss the good shows! mad.gif

I can't wait for San Diego this year. I'm going. I gotta meet Chuckles in the flesh. Maybe even get him to sign some books for me.

Are you going, Drice? If so, could I ask you to find a POS book in a quarter-bin and have Chuck sign it. Have him sign it to say, "Looks NM to Me! - Chuck".

I'd pay handsomely for it. PM me if you can, and we'll work out details. This offer stands to anyone that is going.

Chris

Let's give the man a break.. he's having a pretty bad year medically (along with his family...)

There should be a moratorium on Chuck-bashing until at least next year... which is about a month away. Consider it a Christmas gift to Chuck. grin.gif

(Gotta admit that "Looks NM to me! -Chuck" sig would be pretty hilarious though...)

Let's give the man a break.. he's having a pretty bad year medically (along with his family...)

There should be a moratorium on Chuck-bashing until at least next year... which is about a month away. Consider it a Christmas gift to Chuck. grin.gif

(Gotta admit that "Looks NM to me! -Chuck" sig would be pretty hilarious though...)

Maybe the stress of selling over graded books at 3x NM prices is taking it's toll on his health? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe the stress of selling over graded books at 3x NM prices is taking it's toll on his health? confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

No, it's the stress of being the mythical Atlas to the entire comic book industry as it exists today......

Dammmit!!!!! I always miss the good shows! mad.gif

I can't wait for San Diego this year. I'm going. I gotta meet Chuckles in the flesh. Maybe even get him to sign some books for me.

Are you going, Drice? If so, could I ask you to find a POS book in a quarter-bin and have Chuck sign it. Have him sign it to say, "Looks NM to Me! - Chuck".

I'd pay handsomely for it. PM me if you can, and we'll work out details. This offer stands to anyone that is going.

Chris

27_laughing.gif It looks like I will probably make it (about 80% at this point). If I do, I will gladly stop by and say hi to Chuck, stroke his ego a bit, then ask for an autograph. grin.gif

Toughest part of going is trying to keep my car from being keyed or getting pulled over once those Buckeyes notice my Michigan plates. You would think they would lighten up a bit - after all, they should be used to getting spanked by the Wolverines nearly every year... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what I was thinking, as each time Chuck talks about the MH collection, he always mentions how Red Raven #1 is insanely rare in HG.

I got the feeling that he has some attachment to that issue, though you would assume Action #1, Marvel #1 or Subby #1 would be the culprit.