• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan signing at Lee's Comics - Mountain View, CA on December 6, 2008

34 posts in this topic

Thank you Paul. That is our goal for this signing. Everyone who sent for details should have received the information sheet. If you asked for info and did NOT receive it, please e-mail us again as our spam filter sometimes catchs stuff it should not.

I would like to thank Lee's Comics for putting on this event and for allowing us to participate in helping to raise money for Gene's recovery. Gene has given to us, the comic fans, so much in his great art, so I think it is time we return the favor and give back to Gene directly. As stated in our info sheet, if you would like to make a donation to Gene, we here at Desert Wind Comics would be happy to collect that money for Gene and deliver it to him personally.

This has been a unbelievable year for us here at Desert Wind Comics and being the holiday time of year, we have been involved in several charity events and organizations. We have donated not only money and comic related items from my personal collection, as well as our time to help the charities that we have been working with. So I ask all of you fellow CGC enthusist to join us in supporting one of the legends of the comic community and a true gentleman, Mr. Gene Colon. Any donations may be sent either to us here at Desert Wind Comics or you can send it directly to Lee's Comics. If you wish to donate, you can either send a check made out to Gene Colan or we can take the donation via Paypal if that works for you. Please contact us for any further details.

Again thank you Paul for all of your and CGC's support.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Plane tickets bought. Now for the hotel and rental car. Sharon jumped on this as soon as Lee said yes. Sharon said "you think your going to San Francisco without me?? I don't think so." lol So now my secret weapon has Gene Colan targeted for a GREAT signing.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

According to information posted over at Comic Book Conventions, Colan will be joined by award-winning comic book inker Steve Leialoha, his collaborator on a variety of books including Howard the Duck, Daredevil and Detectives Inc.

here is the info!

Desert Wind Comics is proud to announce that we will be at the Gene Colon signing at Lee's Comics in Northern California on Saturday, December 6th, 2008.

Please e-mail us at Desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for CGC Signature Series details on pricing. Please put in the subject line: Gene Colon signing.

We are excited to be working with CGC Witness Joel Elad on this signing and more details on other signings taking place at the same time in the Northern Cal area will be coming shortly.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

The Gene Colan signing at Lee's Comics went fantastic. It was a great surprise and pleasure to have both Steve Leialoha and Josef Rubistein joining Gene. Gene was in great spirits as he signed everything that was placed in front of him. For those of you who sent books to Desert Wind Comics, everything got signed. And we are especially excited to announce that Gene has asked Desert Wind Comics to represent his new litho that has a original sketch by Gene added to it. We will be starting a thread with photos to announce these new lithos. Please keep your eyes open. It was great to see several of the board members joining us at the signing as I know Gene loved seeing everyone out there. Finally, we would like to espeically thank Lee Hester for setting up this great opportunity and we hope to have more chances in the future to have more great signings at his store. Thank you Lee.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I was able to attend and even met Chandler. Here's my little blurb on the event (with fuzzy pics)...

Very nice article. Thanks for the mention. It was great getting the chance to meet you Saturday. I know Gene thanks you all for coming out and supporting him.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics