• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

makemeanofferandlose

65 posts in this topic

Here's another craptacular flipper. He managed to turn a 1.5 ASM #2 and a .5 restored ASM #1 into a pair of of unrestored 3.0s with only "slight pen markings" and "slight tape on the spine" and of course they both have "nice eye-appeal" going for them. Check the graders notes from the comiclink sale. Watch out for this guy...

Post-Flip

ASM #1 Pre-Flip

ASM #2 Pre-Flip

So what's to prevent a buyer from doing a Paypal chargeback on this crook? People do it all the time to legitimate sellers......and since eBay will only accept Paypal now (no more money orders).....

I've never bought a BIN from Ebay. Is it possible to BIN without paying?

It depends. There is an option when you setup the auction to require immediate payment. However, this guy does accept "Best Offers" and you don't have to pay immediately (or at all) if he accepts an offer. Unfortunately, I suspect ebay would remove your feedback if you never paid for the item.

Nope - that's the glorious beauty of ebay's new feedback system. You can leave feedback even though you didn't pay for an item :screwy:

When you don't pay, the seller will file an NPB report - if you don't respond, any feedback you have left will be removed. But if you do respond - even with a lame "i'll pay you later" excuse - the feedback will stick.

I emailed Ebay customer service and gave them the links to both Clink auctions and pointed out the gross misgrading and the undeclared missing centerfold. I'm curious about their reply.

I imagine it will be something along the lines of...

Due to customer privacy we cannot tell you the details of our investigation but because we received our FVF and Paypal cut, we don't care.

Please stop bothering us with simple things like legal practices.

Thank You.

Generic India Representative.

I emailed Ebay customer service and gave them the links to both Clink auctions and pointed out the gross misgrading and the undeclared missing centerfold. I'm curious about their reply.

Due to customer privacy we cannot tell you the details of our investigation but because we received our FVF and Paypal cut, we don't care.

Thank You.

:roflmao: ......but couldn't be more true.

Shark

TO: thehumantorch

RE: Comic auction

Thanks for the report. We got our auction fees and PayPal fees. Have a sweet day!

Thank You.

Just saw this :roflmao: Funny, yet a big ring of truth to it.

Thank You.

Just saw this :roflmao: Funny, yet a big ring of truth to it.

Funny only because it is too true. Great business model. Buy off a reputable seller, remove from slab and regrade the fantasy method and resell for 3 times what you pay. Can't Ebay understand that sellers like this will drive off collectors willing to pay hundreds or thousands of $$ for properly graded comics?

I reported this guy to Ebay and 2 weeks later I got this reply from Ebay.

Dear Dave,

We will thoroughly review the listings or Want It Now posts that you

reported for violations of eBay policy.

Please keep in mind that member account information is confidential, so

we won't be able to discuss our findings with you. I hope that this

assures you that your account history will likewise remain private.

Violations of eBay policies may result in a range of actions, including

listing cancellation, limits on account privileges, account suspension,

forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, and loss of PowerSeller

status.

A form letter e-mail sent a week after my complaint. They must take my concerns very seriously to respond in such a personal, rapid manner. The only information I get from Ebay's reply is that they won't tell me the results of their investigation. I then received an on-line questionaire which I happily participated in. I wasn't very complimentary but I was nuts.

I had actually been in touch with this fella a few months ago while on my Amazing Fantasy 15 hunt (James you rock!!!) as he had a low grade copy for sale with a BIN, but only accepted MOs and had no buyer's protection. As there was no way I'd even consider it w/o that protection, I asked him to go with PP and I'd have considered BINing it. He even dropped it down to a very, very appealing price, but again, couldn't do it w/o the paypal buyer protection. Also PM'd a few boardmembers who confirmed my suspicions about this fella.

Steer clear boys! :eek:

Here's another craptacular flipper. He managed to turn a 1.5 ASM #2 and a .5 restored ASM #1 into a pair of of unrestored 3.0s with only "slight pen markings" and "slight tape on the spine" and of course they both have "nice eye-appeal" going for them. Check the graders notes from the comiclink sale. Watch out for this guy...

Post-Flip

ASM #1 Pre-Flip

ASM #2 Pre-Flip

Nice detective work.

What a steaming pile that seller is.

Maybe somebody should email him and ask him if he would like to respond to a 4+ page thread with over 700 views in which he is exposed as a complete fraud.