• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not get to excited.....the New Watchmen Trailer

35 posts in this topic

looks great. Im psyched. But the trailer is a bit stiff, and ostly images we have seen already. Plus, I prefer the Rorschach voice in the iTunes mini-movies. And is the Silk Spectre's chest a plastic flesh colored costume? Like ice skaters look half naked but its mostly flesh colored tights?

It was stiff but it slowly picked up pace....kind of majestic.

I think it'll rock as long as the purists don't try to pick it apart.

Thank goodness JC isn't here.

:cloud9:

im really excited about this. looks pretty true to the book.

Rorshach does sound like bales batman though.

dave gibbons was on bbc radio five recently (with mark millar) and he said he was very pleased with the film

Good trailer; annoying music.

The music is by a band called Muse. They are very good, i am pleased to see them getting more exposure, they deserve it.

The music in the first half is Philip Glass's score from Koyaanisqatsi, a really nice art film from the 80's I've watched a dozen times or more.

Great trailer, and Rorschach sounds fine. When somebody mentioned Batman's ridiculous gravel voice I was worried, but it's not that low thankfully. A heck of a lot better than Alan Moore's interpretation lol (there's a clip on youtube with Alan Moore reading Rorschach's opening monologue, and it's dreadful. He sounds like he's 60 years old and drowning in vomit.)

I dunno, the trailer suggests the movie may look kinda artsy (read, zzz ).

I hope it's artsy. Last thing I want to see is anything generic, and parts of that trailer did come across as that. And yes, even though I like Muse, the movie doesn't require that sort of typically melodramatic score (again, it's the generic thing). Dark Knight dispensed with that completely and it was all the better for it.

Speaking of Bats, I thought Nite Owl looked very much like the Caped Crusader (and nothing like the dumpy middle-aged comic version). Not that that's a problem though - I suspect the film makers wanted an easy point of reference for the non-comic reading audience.

And yep, Rorschach does sound exactly like Bale's Batman.

I'm not expecting miracles, but fandom is anticipating this to be the zenith of comic-book films. Fingers crossed...

I have no doubt that this will be a visually stunning movie, but there is something fundamentally "off" about the whole feel of this movie. I think many of the fundamental story elements that gave the original story its richness will be missing and we'll be left with the basic bones of the story. Even changing the costumes to these buffed suits of armor changes critical aspects. Nite Owl is supposed to be older and out of shape -- and by changing even that element, alters the dynamic that he has in his with the other characters, especially with his love interest. This movie comes across as one that will appeal to a wide audience, but those that are hoping for a faithful adaptation of the original, will be disappointed. I hope I stand corrected, but these previews do not give me any indication of that happening.

The previews to Fantastic Four 2 were fantastic too, but after reading FF #48-50+ and then going to see the movie, I had to leave after 15 minutes.