• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what percentage of your books have you read?

47 posts in this topic

90% +

When I buy up a collection there are always some stacks of stuff I haven't read...and probably won't ever. Charlton romance. Super Duck. Woody Woodpecker. Battle of the Planets. And so forth.

Which is not to say that I haven't sampled and enjoyed all of the above, but I've read enough exemplars to know that if I miss reading a few issues I can live with it.

However, if they get tossed into the stack next to the basement john they all eventually get read. The trick is to get tossed into the stack, lol

Round about 50% I reckon. Most of these were read when I was first collecting comics before they got binned. Since I started collecting again I've replaced most of the stuff but added lot more than I used to have.

Having two young kids and a job with a lot of hours limits my reading time to about an hour a week. Someday I'll manage to read the lot though!

I'm really very impressed by all the people that have read 80% of their collection (worship)

But for the likes of me I can't understand where everybody finds the time (shrug)

If I can read 20 - 30 books in a week, then it's been a good week and at that rate it will still take me another 4-5 years to read all my books, providing I don't buy any more books during that period (yeah right :roflmao:)

So how do you guys do it ?

I would love to read but things happen.I have so many Omnibus,Absolute Editions ...etc just sitting in my closet.I can`t even find time to read one floppy. Ever since the internet my attention span has been shot. I can`t just sit there and read a book.I tried then something comes up on the tv or thier is a email I have to answer. This was before my 1 year old daughter was born now I have even less time. I do try to read moderns maybe thats why my attention span for comics is not like it use to be.

I'm really very impressed by all the people that have read 80% of their collection (worship)

But for the likes of me I can't understand where everybody finds the time (shrug)

If I can read 20 - 30 books in a week, then it's been a good week and at that rate it will still take me another 4-5 years to read all my books, providing I don't buy any more books during that period (yeah right :roflmao:)

Most were read over the years. Regardless, I make sure to browse through every comic I get before filing it away. If I hadn't read it before, I read it. Only takes 5 minutes or so...

Jim

Well, new books, I mostly read them as they come. I get my new books every two weeks on Friday, and I always manage to finish them before the weekend is over (mostly excluding TPB's and graphic novels. As for back issues, I just try to read as many as I can, in order to not get too far behind.

I probably average about 7-10 books per day, mostly late at night (or to be more accurate, very early in the morning), before I sleep.

Though I swear to you, the biggest "thorn" in my reading are the comics-related books and magazines, which take way too much time. But I love them! :cloud9:

Keep in mind that I don't have a wife and/or kid(s), which means my spare time is actually mine! :devil:

Well seeing that my collection is smallish it might not be astounding that I have read almost all of my books. Especially the horror related ones.

Then again many of the books I bought for the "cover only" get stared at as much if not more then many comics I have read.

:D