• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what percentage of your books have you read?

47 posts in this topic

i was wondering the other day, ive owned well over 6000 comics in my life, a lot of which my dad bought before i was born (ok so they were technically his).

of these 6000 books i reckon i've read somewhere between 40-50% of them. there are some books though ive read over and over (DKR and watchmen).

so what percentage of your collection have you read?

100% :grin:

Either the book itself or TPBs

i wonder what people who bought books that have not been reprinted do. many GA havent been republished yet. do people have cbr/cbz versions?

100% :grin:

Either the book itself or TPBs

i wonder what people who bought books that have not been reprinted do. many GA havent been republished yet. do people have cbr/cbz versions?

:gossip: Most GA collectors READ them

Very good question.... even though I plan to read each and every comic I buy I've hardly dented my collection, less than 15% read so far

I have read most of the major keys though, weirdly enough if I buy 20 comics, I'll crack and read the only slabbed one first. Something about those pretty plastic prisons makes me want to liberate the comic inside.

Buying 10.000+ comics hardly takes any effort at all...reading them however is an entirely different thing.

I'm lucky if I find the time to read 20 of them a week...so at the current rate I should be finished in about 10 - 12 years. If I stop buying right now that is...

95% plus. Could be closer to 98%.

And yes, I'm a GA collector and I generally read what I buy.

i grew up hardly daring to open comics because they were part of my dads valuable collection. even now with new books im very careful.

what do people do with slabbed books do people worry about not being able to read them?

95% plus. Could be closer to 98%.

And yes, I'm a GA collector and I generally read what I buy.

i grew up hardly daring to open comics because they were part of my dads valuable collection. even now with new books im very careful.

what do people do with slabbed books do people worry about not being able to read them?

crack, read and put into mylar

I've got about 7,000 comics with hardly any dupes. At this point, I've probably read about 70% of these. I have some that I may never read, as I'm just not interested (like the drekky 90s stuff that I have bought solely to complete full runs).

Of all the comics I own, I may have not read 3%. I buy only the books I want to read. As for the CGC Graded books I own, I read them before submitting for grading or buy a graded copy and still own a reader. I mainly read X-Men so the TPBs are easy to get.

85% roughly.

I've read every comic I've bought "off the rack" for the past 30 years. Read most books I've bought as back issues and even in lots.

But haven't read every book in my desire to buy SA and BA Marvel runs because I wanted to read them straight thru. I really want to read Amazing 1-250 and DD 1-250 straight thru. Need to make that happen.

I have almost 40,000 comic books and I haven't read about 1,500 of them. I guess this means I've read about 96-97% of my collection. :acclaim:

Ever since I started reading and collecting comic books, and up to 3 years ago or so, I always used to have a "pile of comics to read", numbering 20-100 books. Lately it has turned into a "pile of short boxes with comics to read". I've fallen a bit behind. :sorry:

Now, I also have about 80-100 paperbacks and graphic novels from the last couple of years that I haven't gotten around to read yet, including a few extremely time consuming comics-related books and encyclopedias. It's starting to get a bit intimidating...

But I'll handle it. Somehow I'll find the time! :sumo: