• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I gained from the pressing thread

437 posts in this topic

I think you are wrong. I think that the more you talk about it the more in perpetuate it. I'll bet it's more rampant than you can imagine.

In fact I'd bet that there are more pressed books than non pressed ones from what I have seen.

R.

Sorry I would have to disagree.

I highly doubt most people are looking at low-grade books to press from a 4.0 to 4.5.

As I stated before maybe 20+ years from now there is almost a guarantee that alot of CGC books might be resubed after pressing as Pressing becomes more well-known and accepted. (which it will).

Most books from 1980 to now are not even worth the time and $ to press to begin with, so I am pretty sure on that aspect.

If you are talking about HG books from GA-SA-BA, maybe you are correct.

However most of the 9.4 and 9.6's in my collection CAN'T be pressed up to the next level (talking about the raw copies I got graded).

The ASM 129 CGC 9.4 I just got from MCMiles is a stunning OO book but I called and got the graders notes and some of the stuff can be pressed out and some can't.

Persoanally I beleive a 9.4 is the best my ASM 129 can be. (shrug)

John that is why I say it's a shoot.

I've had books drop 1-2 grade points for no other reason than a different day in the grading room.

It really is a dangerous game with much to lose.

Grading standards change, books get damaged in shipping, books get damaged when handled etc.

EDIT: and I disagree that low grade books are not pressed. Lots of them are.

R.

Most books from 1980 to now are not even worth the time and $ to press to begin with, so I am pretty sure on that aspect.

I'm sure none of the 9.8 ASM 300's that came to market prior to Spidey3 were pressed.... meh

ASM 238s & 252s wouldn't be worth it either....... meh

GI Joe 21?

X-MEN 294-296?

Yup. No way any post-1980 books have been pressed. :screwy:

I'm sure none of the 9.8 ASM 300's that came to market prior to Spidey3 were pressed.... meh

ASM 238s & 252s wouldn't be worth it either....... meh

GI Joe 21?

X-MEN 294-296?

Yup. No way any post-1980 books have been pressed. :screwy:

I said Most... :screwy:

FYI: Every book you just mentioned is a waste of time to press unless your getting a 9.8.

Please quote where I said NO book from 1980-now has been pressed... :frustrated:

So thanks for naming a few.... (thumbs u

FYI: Most CGC books have not been pressed.

Maybe 20+ years from now you will see alot but not right now. :juggle:

I agree if you are considering all CGC books from every grade and era. What do you think about the statement that many or most of the 9.6/9.8s have been pressed?

I only managed to score a couple of 9.8s but quite a few a 9.6 in my collection. And I can say without a doubt none have been pressed. So when I hear that statement, I think its mostly sour grapes or it wasn't well thought out, kinda of like saying all hicks are inbred.

I'm not sure why people think that 9.6s and 9.8s are the only books pressed. 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s etc are all press worthy books. To think that only 9.6s and 9.8s are pressed is foolish.

I don't think people were referring to 9.6 and 9.8's as the only books worth pressing, but rather how many current 9.6 and 9.8's were actually pressed into that condition.

Wait a sec... where am I? Ohh crahp I think I took a wrong toin at Albuquerque and wound up in a pressing thread.

I'm not sure why people think that 9.6s and 9.8s are the only books pressed. 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s etc are all press worthy books. To think that only 9.6s and 9.8s are pressed is foolish.

I don't think people were referring to 9.6 and 9.8's as the only books worth pressing, but rather how many current 9.6 and 9.8's were actually pressed into that condition.

Wait a sec... where am I? Ohh crahp I think I took a wrong toin at Albuquerque and wound up in a pressing thread.

:hi: Stay and have a drink... lol

I agree if you are considering all CGC books from every grade and era. What do you think about the statement that many or most of the 9.6/9.8s have been pressed?
Unless you have hard evidence to support this, it's a pretty empty statement. The truth is no one knows how many of the books out there are pressed.

Except spiderman-on-tilt....

I assume he's got hard evidence to support his statement..... :popcorn:

It's pretty obvious that modern books pretty much are not pressed, which constitutes most of the CGC books out there.

Unless you have hard evidence to support this, it's a pretty empty statement. The truth is no one knows how many of the books out there are pressed.

It's pretty obvious that modern books pretty much are not pressed, which constitutes most of the CGC books out there.

What makes it obvious? Surely there's enough financial incentive to press the 'hot' books like Invincible....no?

What makes it obvious? Surely there's enough financial incentive to press the 'hot' books like Invincible....no?

Both of my Posts say/assume you can understand what MOST & PRETTY MUCH means in context. :gossip:

..or wait I have a couple great NM+ copies of Ultimate Spider-man #91 that can almost be pressed to a 9.8....I think I should go for it. meh

Both of my Posts say/assume you can understand what MOST & PRETTY MUCH means in context. :gossip:

..or wait I have a couple great NM+ copies of Ultimate Spider-man #91 that can almost be pressed to a 9.8....I think I should go for it. meh

Absolutely. The market could use some restored 9.8 copies of USM 91. (thumbs u