• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I gained from the pressing thread

437 posts in this topic

Man you guys love pressing threads.

Yep, they're all magnificent. There should be a pressing thread Forum. :insane:

When can we start talking about greed?

In the new Greed Forum. Bring beer, there's much to discuss...

Will it still have the classics incorporated banner ???:insane:

:insane:

(tsk)

When can we start talking about Javits??

It would take a small miracle. Too big of a chance for snow.

Not gonna bother reading through all these again, lol, but thought I would have one little say!

Yes pressing is manipulation! How else does a worn GD/VG or VG comic become a solid FN overnight?

A individual, not the company or manafacturer has used his skills to upgrade the appearance of a comic.

I wonder when the comics get soaked in water, what effect (if any, maybe long term) does this have on the staples as I'm sure this is not good for them.

Also when a comic is pressed, does this not make it harder to detect if a comic has had it's staples replaced? As the press would make the staples allignment look natural on the inside pages? Just wondered!

herc

thanks herc! way to keep it going. Anyone going to respond to this pressing argument?

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

Not gonna bother reading through all these again, lol, but thought I would have one little say!

Yes pressing is manipulation! How else does a worn GD/VG or VG comic become a solid FN overnight?

A individual, not the company or manafacturer has used his skills to upgrade the appearance of a comic.

I wonder when the comics get soaked in water, what effect (if any, maybe long term) does this have on the staples as I'm sure this is not good for them.

Also when a comic is pressed, does this not make it harder to detect if a comic has had it's staples replaced? As the press would make the staples allignment look natural on the inside pages? Just wondered!

herc

thanks herc! way to keep it going. Anyone going to respond to this pressing argument?

I'll respond. Vaughn is a dorkasaurus rex.

Thanks!

p.s Pressing is not restoration. Discuss.

Great topic,

What I have learned about pressing? That even the most respected dealers in the country, many of which I love, are ALL PRESSING, to elevate the grade. With of course a full disclosure to the buyer. Just makes me wonder at one point if a seller "forgets" once in while, to disclose.

BTW I hate pressing, it not right.

IMHO

B

Great topic,

What I have learned about pressing? That even the most respected dealers in the country, many of which I love, are ALL PRESSING, to elevate the grade. With of course a full disclosure to the buyer. Just makes me wonder at one point if a seller "forgets" once in while, to disclose.

BTW I hate pressing, it not right.

IMHO

B

Well take your HO and a dollar and go get a cup of coffee.

Nobody cares. Trimming is the new pressing. :sumo: