• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I gained from the pressing thread

437 posts in this topic

The wife presses my jeans really well, would it count if she ran the iron over my Batman #95?
Just slip it under the cover next time she presses your jeans again.

Therfore, she's not exactly ironing your book, but at the same time, it is doing something to it.

................that you can be SMART and look for the SELECT FEW CGC or Raw 9.2/9.4's that can be pressed to a CGC 9.6/9.8 status.

Why pay the CGC 9.6/9.8 prices when you can save the money and buy the next level down and try to press up.

IE...My ASM 121

I like paying CGC 9.4 market Pricing and have an end result of an CGC 9.6.

Makes sense to me.... hm

................that you can be SMART and look for the SELECT FEW CGC or Raw 9.2/9.4's that can be pressed to a CGC 9.6/9.8 status.

Why pay the CGC 9.6/9.8 prices when you can save the money and buy the next level down and try to press up.

IE...My ASM 121

Makes sense to me.... hm

And as soon as it starts making sense to everyone else........none of them will be willing to pay 9.6/9.8 prices either. :gossip:

IE...My ASM 121

Makes sense to me.... hm

And as soon as it starts making sense to everyone else........none of them will be willing to pay 9.6/9.8 prices either. :gossip:

hm

It def a matter of how much the difference is monetarily speaking.

Books from 1980-current for the most part you might as well just buy 9.6's and see if any of those can get 9.8's.

Books from 1979-prior fits the mold to find good pressing canditates to save yourself a lot of money.

IE...My ASM 121

Makes sense to me.... hm

hm

It def a matter of how much the difference is monetarily speaking.

Books from 1980-current for the most part you might as well just buy 9.6's and see if any of those can get 9.8's.

Books from 1979-prior fits the mold to find good pressing canditates to save yourself a lot of money.

Everyone wants to save money.....right? Why buy a 9.6/9.8 when there's a good chance they've been pressed already. Find a nice 9.2/9.4 with pressable defects & save a nice chunk of change.

Makes sense.

The problem is:

Who will be left to buy up the 9.6/9.8 books that have zero potential left? (shrug)

FYI: Most CGC books have not been pressed.

Maybe 20+ years from now you will see alot but not right now. :juggle:

I agree if you are considering all CGC books from every grade and era. What do you think about the statement that many or most of the 9.6/9.8s have been pressed?

I agree if you are considering all CGC books from every grade and era. What do you think about the statement that many or most of the 9.6/9.8s have been pressed?

not true what so ever.

Do I think alot of HG GA/SA and Key BA might have been pressed to get a 9.6/9.8 possible status....maybe, but not in all cases.

To think that 1980-now alot of pressing has been done is absurd.

I think you are wrong. I think that the more you talk about it the more in perpetuate it. I'll bet it's more rampant than you can imagine.

In fact I'd bet that there are more pressed books than non pressed ones from what I have seen.

R.

Unless you have hard evidence to support this, it's a pretty empty statement. The truth is no one knows how many of the books out there are pressed.

Unless you have hard evidence to support this, it's a pretty empty statement. The truth is no one knows how many of the books out there are pressed.

Except spiderman-on-tilt....

I assume he's got hard evidence to support his statement..... :popcorn: