• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members create their own art?

85 posts in this topic

I saw a thread wherein someone shared a recent painting. It was pretty nice... I just noticed the last comic art I ever did was this one in 1995 (before I could drive!)...

Scan10044.jpg

Are there any artists on these boards?

That was the last comic art I ever did... and last thing for about 10 years altogether. I did some stuff with charcoal a couple of years ago (non-comic) but again stopped.

I'm surprised there isn't an active thread of original art by board members (unless there is one and just haven't seen it).

I can draw. (I think)

Someone name a character(s) they'd like to see and let's see if we can do some worthwhile original art for the VCC Charity Auction? (Bundled with some nice books, of course, with all proceeds going to the Hero Initiative (thumbs u .)

I guarantee you that it will not be bad... (I hope.) :wishluck:

Some VERY old artwork... I should be much better now. (For instance, her gun is too small. Her hips are also a bit narrow, etc. I can see all the mistakes.) :wishluck:

sus650.jpg

I can draw. (I think)

Someone name a character(s) they'd like to see and let's see if we can do some worthwhile original art for the VCC Charity Auction? (Bundled with some nice books, of course, with all proceeds going to the Hero Initiative (thumbs u .)

I guarantee you that it will not be bad... (I hope.) :wishluck:

Some VERY old artwork... I should be much better now. (For instance, her gun is too small. Her hips are also a bit narrow, etc. I can see all the mistakes.) :wishluck:

sus650.jpg

thats great

I like to mod computers. Have not done it in awhile and although its not drawn and such it is an art to me. I also am not the greatest graphic artist and to tell the truth I suck. However even though not the greatest it is probably the best computer generated art I have made which is my animated WhispTech logo which I made with corel draw and a gif construction set.

So a quick explanation of what I did. This is a Chenbro micro atx case I bought for like $35. I took apart the whole case rivets and all and reconstructed the top support so I could put in a 80mm fan. I painted the whole case inside out with shiny silver on the inside and metallic green on the outside with footprints with a 5 coatings of clear coat like a car. The front of the case has two cats facing each other along with car grill placed into the front where I cut out the plastic for better air flow. The side of the case for the panel was solid but I cut out a window with a panther siloutte with my dremel. All fans inside where taken apart and painted with silver with special uv green paint which only appears under uv light. I made a nos bottle from a isoproplyl bottle and printed off nos stickers which I redrawn and printed off on special paper. Uv lightininng was added along with an LED rig I made for the top. Every single cable/wire was resized to exactly what was needed along with meshed with uv green mesh. There is better and fancier cases out there but this is my baby and the extent of my artistic ability.

fullfront.jpg

fullside.jpg

fulltop.jpg

nosglow.jpg

fulllit.jpg

fullfeet.jpg

catlight.jpg

fullopen.jpg

Many Many Many years ago I use to draw my own super hero comics. For no reason. Just to do it. It was called RACEWAY AND HIS ROLLING WEAPON. A hero that had an extraordinary driving ability, special made car he called the Bullet, and for some reason I had him fighting Marvel villains like Ringmaster, Beetle, Whirlwind, that giant Cyclops that fought Ant-Man once, and even created some new villains like Master Maze and Scarlet Skater. The art was pretty lame. I can draw but not that great. But the comics were pretty cool and the stories were pretty good. I must of been influenced by Speed Racer because Raceway is similar looking in a lot of ways. I don't know why I did that. Here's a little of my old Raceway comics. Enjoy!

RACEWAY1.jpg

pg13.jpgpg14.jpgpg15.jpg

I've been drawing since I was wee.

pencils, inks, watercolors, conte pencil, chalks, oils, pastels, tempras, everything but computer art.

I'm not great, but I'm workmanlike, and I find cartooning to be my favorite form. I'll scan some stuff when I get a chance.