• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,928 posts in this topic

Very rare item man, Great pick up. :applause:

Thank you.

It is only the second one I have ever seen for sale. The other one had some color loss at the bottom.

Ten years of searching. Now to pay out the arse to have it framed.

Is it in as nice a condition as it looks in the photo? It will look even better framed though, so worth the extra.

The image came from Heritage's auction page. I just won the poster yesterday. I hope it looks as nice when it arrives in the mail as it does in the image.

My other Third Eye posters are framed. It'll be worth the extra to frame this one, agreed.

Is it in as nice a condition as it looks in the photo? It will look even better framed though, so worth the extra.

The image came from Heritage's auction page. I just won the poster yesterday. I hope it looks as nice when it arrives in the mail as it does in the image.

My other Third Eye posters are framed. It'll be worth the extra to frame this one, agreed.

Cool Piece!! I have the FF poster in the lower left corner in a cheap frame up in my comic room. Do you know if there is a guide on these posters? I've been curious to learn more. I also was able to pick up a couple of the cards.

Is it possible to see pictures of your other posters? :wishluck:

Cool Piece!! I have the FF poster in the lower left corner in a cheap frame up in my comic room. Do you know if there is a guide on these posters? I've been curious to learn more. I also was able to pick up a couple of the cards.

Neh, there's no guide. They are worth about $125 - 150 each. I'll pay $3000 today for a complete set of 24 in perfect condition. The composite is a $500 item (greggy says I paid too much at $580 shipped). No really, it is worth what I paid I suppose due to its rare nature.

I'll see if I can post a pic or two of some of my framed ones.

BTW, I love the cards & will pay for complete sets of those too (with envelopes). I'll also pay for the puzzles. Opened is fine so long as they are complete. Third Eye was the greatest producer of Marvel promo junk, in my opinion. Cooler than the Marvel Mania posters.

lfCAL6NSC8.jpg

Bravo! Now THAT's Rock-and-Roll!! :headbang:

I've been trying to score just one of those individual posters on the cheap for years for my recording studio (= my basement), but no luck so far...

I've been trying to score just one of those individual posters on the cheap for years for my recording studio (= my basement), but no luck so far...

Makes me want to bust out Houses of the Holy or In Through the Out Door.

In Through the Out Door..... hm

they made Hobbits cool....

lfCAL6NSC8.jpg

Super-freakin' cool. I've always wanted these (I settled for a set of the cards with envelopes). If you grew up in the 70's, these were de rigueur. Too many cool memories. Even casual comic fans had these in their rooms, basements, etc. The most common were definitely the Capt. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Thor, and Surfer, at least were I grew up in NY. It's amazing how long these were on the market, both at respectable stores and head shops. Damn, I miss the 1970's.

One of my best friends had the Capt. Marvel in the basement we played Atari. Sadly, the memory is tainted by his incessant playing of Lover Boy (talk about bad 80's music).

Great pick-up. I'm insanely jealous

Neh, there's no guide. They are worth about $125 - 150 each. I'll pay $3000 today for a complete set of 24 in perfect condition. The composite is a $500 item (greggy says I paid too much at $580 shipped). No really, it is worth what I paid I suppose due to its rare nature.

I'll see if I can post a pic or two of some of my framed ones.

BTW, I love the cards & will pay for complete sets of those too (with envelopes). I'll also pay for the puzzles. Opened is fine so long as they are complete. Third Eye was the greatest producer of Marvel promo junk, in my opinion. Cooler than the Marvel Mania posters.

Thanks for the info. I got lucky and only paid $25.00 for my poster. I've only got the Dr Strange and Silver Surfer cards with envelopes. Fun stuff.

that! I gots to have me some GRAND FUNK RAILROAD or BLACK OAK ARKANSAS with my black light posters!!!! Woooo!!!! :grin: