• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,923 posts in this topic

Just got in mail today from ebay. I always wanted this cover. I think I might have paid to much but, I'm glad I got it.

sand1-1.jpg

Great book. I've had mine (along with #2 - Kirby cover only though) since the 70's. Hopefully you didn't pay more than a few dollars for it, since they are available in great abundance.

I never did quite understand why the main character was named The Sandman, though, as Marvel obviously already had a very well known villain of the same name. As well, the name really doesn't associate well with the character itself.

Just got in mail today from ebay. I always wanted this cover. I think I might have paid to much but, I'm glad I got it.

sand1-1.jpg

Great book. I've had mine (along with #2 - Kirby cover only though) since the 70's. Hopefully you didn't pay more than a few dollars for it, since they are available in great abundance.

HIs is the much less common purple variant.

Sandman1sale.jpg

Yes. I've had a copy of the whole series for a couple years. A friend gave them to me for Christmas around 2006. But I've always wanted the purple copy of number to finish the set.

DC's original Sandman character ( the one this one is based one) was a Gold Age Character. I paid $26 which included the shipping.

Edited by garsull2

I'm a sucker for anything Pacific.

1PULP041.jpg

Someone posted the National Lampoon issue a couple weeks ago, and I wondered if any copies of this PC catalog still existed.

I remember getting it in the mail around 1977-78 or so. It was the first real catalog I had received, and I blown away by the contents and the cover. This was a BIG catalog, and producing it at the time was no small feat. I wish I knew where my copy went.

I'm a sucker for anything Pacific.

1PULP041.jpg

Someone posted the National Lampoon issue a couple weeks ago, and I wondered if any copies of this PC catalog still existed.

I remember getting it in the mail around 1977-78 or so. It was the first real catalog I had received, and I blown away by the contents and the cover. This was a BIG catalog, and producing it at the time was no small feat. I wish I knew where my copy went.

This also came with a Jeff Gelb bio sheet.It's also serves as a COA that it came from the Jeff Gelb collection and is signed by him.Probably doesn't increase the value but I like it.

Stopped by one of my favorite stores in central PA this week on a sales visit. Unfortunately, I only had a bit over an hour to dig through the bins and, although there were not as many gems as usual, I'm still pleased w/ these five books.

The Kid Colt is pretty darn sweet. For some reason this issue has eluded me in HG.

CCF01022011_00004.jpg

Then there's the Charltons. I've sadly decided if I'm ever going to complete my quest, I'm going to have to make compromises in grades on Charltons. Especially the romance books and non-Flintstone Hanna-Barbera titles. They just are not out there and books like the ones below are probably in the top 1% of copies in terms of grade. It really is shocking to not come across a specific BA book in grade in 5 years of looking.

Here's a pretty sharp Pebbles and Bamm Bamm. Bamm Bamm as a player is a recurring theme in this book--I don't remember it being one in the cartoon.

CCF01022011_00000.jpg

Then, nothing like some Love Diary to shock the senses (this title is starting to grow on me, due to one artist whose name I do not know). Unfortunately, there was one issue in the bins that I've been looking for forever that was an easy 9.6 except for some minor insect damage. Thought I had found a hidden gem, but had to pass.

CCF01022011_00001.jpg

CCF01022011_00002.jpg

CCF01022011_00003.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Stopped by one of my favorite stores in central PA this week on a sales visit. Unfortunately, I only had a bit over an hour to dig through the bins and, although there were not as many gems as usual, I'm still pleased w/ these five books.

The Kid Colt is pretty darn sweet. For some reason this issue has eluded me in HG.

CCF01022011_00004.jpg

Love those Gil kane western covers, lovely copy.