• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,902 posts in this topic

Well these 2 came recently, cracked holders thanks to USPS, luckily no damage to the books inside... The box obviously had something heavy dropped on it in shipping. :tonofbricks:

---Temporarily in my collection for now, I'm going to send them in for new holders soon. :gossip:

CTB 74.jpg

CTB 75.jpg

No superheroes in this one, but when I was a kid Harvey comics were all I wanted and the Richie Rich issues from 1974/75 with adventure covers (as opposed to the ones where he is using one of his mom's spare diamonds as a bowling ball and laughing and smiling on the cover) by Warren Kremer still hold a special place in my heart and my collection!

RRGem_5_98.jpg

On July 13, 2017 at 8:30 PM, Black_Adam said:

No superheroes in this one, but when I was a kid Harvey comics were all I wanted and the Richie Rich issues from 1974/75 with adventure covers (as opposed to the ones where he is using one of his mom's spare diamonds as a bowling ball and laughing and smiling on the cover) by Warren Kremer still hold a special place in my heart and my collection!

RRGem_5_98.jpg

These were great books as a kid! I loved Richie adventures in the Bronze Age! (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Gene465 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My two trails came today!

Awesome!! CONGRATS!!! About 7.5 is what I'll be looking for in SEPT. :) for an IH 181 :) OW/W pages not too shabby !!

Nope.  Not high grade (or good PQ for that matter), but great reading fun and at about .65 cents per book for the entire run of 28 regular issues and 3 annuals, I can't really complain. 

Marvel's John Carter and Micronauts were my favorite of the Marvel wave of "new series" that surged in the late '70s where it seemed like every other month they were coming out with a new title.  Alas, like Micronauts, the series didn't last very long, but the first half of the run was exceptionally drawn and written.  The Eagle award the title got was well deserved, plus Dejah Thoris was drawn very hot through out.  Marvel really skirted the line on this for a code approved book.  

jc_run.jpg

18 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Any love for Kirby's New Gods 1?

image_zpsgrwojpvf.jpg

Love that book.  I think I have about 2-3 mid grade copies to go along with the 9.6 I have.  Gave up trying to complete the short Kirby run of 11 in high grade though.  I am never going to pay for the over inflated prices that Issue #7 is going for these days.