• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Two new, via ComicConnect:

rom16.278a.jpg

Nice books, but God, did I hate that period when Marvel attached those annoying yellow ad banners towards the top of the covers.  Ruined a lot of iconic covers for the time (X-Men 137 comes immediately to mind).

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

Nice books, but God, did I hate that period when Marvel attached those annoying yellow ad banners towards the top of the covers.  Ruined a lot of iconic covers for the time (X-Men 137 comes immediately to mind).

Oh yeah..."This Marvel Comic Could Be Worth $2500 To You!" "Win A Toys 'R' Us Shopping Spree!" "Win A Ten-Speed!" "Don't Miss the New Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends!"...those fugly cover banners were a terrible idea and definitely the bane of comic collectors in the early 80's.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:47 AM, Black_Adam said:

Oh yeah..."This Marvel Comic Could Be Worth $2500 To You!" "Win A Toys 'R' Us Shopping Spree!" "Win A Ten-Speed!" "Don't Miss the New Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends!"...those fugly cover banners were a terrible idea and definitely the bane of comic collectors in the early 80's.

Almost as bad as the fishing lure back covers . . . :p

On 9/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, Brian48 said:

My first purchase in quite a few months.  Just some high grade finds at a LCS.  Got quite a deal too.  The Kulls are especially nice (between 8.5-9.0).  Didn't need them, but at $10 a pop, I bought all of them..  

IMG_1896.JPG

The two Kill 1's are a great find. How is Tarzan 1 doing on eBay?

2 hours ago, Grib said:

The two Kill 1's are a great find. How is Tarzan 1 doing on eBay?

Have no idea.  He had multiple batches of runs from issue #1-10 for $7.  I bought one run as a reader. He had more Kull #1s in a long box that hadn't been priced yet.  Am going back next week to see if he still has them and am willing to let them go for $10 each again.  Really weird collection that they acquired.  No superhero stuff, but multiple (and I mean multiple) copies of the same issue in very high grade.