• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,903 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, wormboy said:

Well in this case it's relatively easy, as White Mountain books have identifiable markings (date written in pen upper left corner + date stamp inside front page upper right) on every book, as do some other Pedigrees.

In my experience, I have submitted paperwork showing provenance to CGC with the books, and noted the pedigree on the form. In this case I bought them from Heritage, so, if I wanted to submit them ( I don't - these are for my raw collection) I would include the invoice with the sub. I try to submit at shows so I can discuss it directly with a CGC rep. I have had no problems.

Interesting, I wouldn't have known, or I wouldn't have known how to identify markings nor to look for them. With a place like Heritage I was sure they'd have some way of submitting to CGC, so thanks for the info. 

Comic buying a little slow lately.

I did however pick up this beauty last weekend. One of my favourite issues of Mister Miracle!

An aside, by looking at recent eBay sales, the new series by Tom King seems to be generating lotsa more interest in the original run. 

IMG_7446.thumb.jpg.6bc146b8e2d840d15704023c021eb0ff.jpg

Got this from CLINK last night. I have a fondness for B&B #113-#117 or so. Aparo's artwork was outstanding. His drawing at the time actually gave me the illusion of real movement. This one was a good story that was repeated in the Avengers as well, I believe. The Atom stimulates nerve centers in "dead" Batman to go find his killer. It's only an 8.5, but a stingy one IMO. I can't see ANY flaws to speak of.

B&B #115.jpg

Edited by Randall Ries
wording

44 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Got this from CLINK last night. I have a fondness for B&B #113-#117 or so. Aparo's artwork was outstanding. His drawing at the time actually gave me the illusion of real movement. This one was a good story that was repeated in the Avengers as well, I believe. The Atom stimulates nerve centers in "dead" Batman to go find his killer. It's only an 8.5, but a stingy one IMO. I can't see ANY flaws to speak of.

B&B #115.jpg

Fantastic book, great cover.

Star wars #1. I got over 35 books back. All I bought as a kid from news stands. The Nova's I bought 10 copies of because I loved John Buscema's art.  I bough 4 of the Star Wars #1 grades come back as 2 9.4's 1 9.2 and the ss 9.0. Pretty good investment of a few quarters and safe storage.

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG