• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,911 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, Black_Adam said:

One more CT victim recently rescued from the ravages of resto removal. 

6180122.thumb.jpg.a24fb77fa42a263c720ea21169acc966.jpg

I only have 1 restored book in my entire cgc collection.  It is slight color touch, I thought about seeing if you wanted it, but it also has the top of cover trimmed.

Unfortunately 

^ Solid writing from Mantlo. Standout covers for me are #9 (Byrne/Austin), #19 (Layton), and surprisingly these;  #16 (Lubbers/Mcleod) and #8 (Robbins/Esposito) - one of the few Robbins pieces I truly like. I'd post them but I've owned them for years so do not qualify for this thread. The interior art on most issues is not my cup of tea.  

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, Cornelius The First said:

Excited to snag this beauty, I had an 8.0 but always wanted higher. It seems this book doesn’t show up terribly often in high grade or something…

A19D9BC4-09BA-4035-8418-AAD3333E057E.jpeg

:whee:and in grade DOES seem seldom.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:00 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't collect DC but is it really that hard to find a 9.0+ copy of a well-known Batman book from 1970?

As far as on eBay, there is 1-9.0 and 1 9.6 cgc for sale  so it's not like there are "options in price", and none other in the 9's for sale. (thumbsu

On 6/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't collect DC but is it really that hard to find a 9.0+ copy of a well-known Batman book from 1970?

I definitely think it depends on your definition of rare…I don’t mean to say it’s super rare, but I think there is something in the range of only 200 or so of these universally graded in the 9.0 and up category. Pretty low considering, the deep black cover with yellow lettering doesn’t help I would guess. This is from a layman collector though, far from an expert Lou! Lol. 

Edited by Cornelius The First
Spelling