• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,911 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Or the "win a Schwinn" one.  I understand the business reasons, but they don't look good.

I think it had to do with when marvel crunched the numbers and found they were losing money on ads and had been for years.  Galton and Shooter then figured why not place an add on the cover since they had to print one anyhow.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:17 PM, ExNihilo said:

I've been eyeing eBay for a nice 9.6 copy, but when I saw the price at my LCS after the FCBD discount, I just couldn't pass it up.  I was never a big fan of Emma or Kitty as a kid (just never really read their books).  It wasn't until I got back into comics and Joss Whedon did his Astonishing run that I really started to appreciate the dynamic these two bring to the team.  I've loved them ever since and am glad to add this to the collection.

image.thumb.jpeg.db7f11ab239b45b0b5a3e2a99861569d.jpeg

^^

I bought a CGC 9.2 last week, when it was delivered the reputable establishment had "accidentally" sent a 7.5 instead. :(

They're currently in the process of making it right. Sent me the shipping label and the 7.5 is due back to them next week via UPS ground.

They still have my money so I'm hoping they still sent the 9.2 like I ordered. They've been reputable for five to six years, I'd hate to have to do a charge back. I just want my slab.

Anyway sorry for the rant, NICE COPY!

Everytime I got over $500 cost online something bad happens, this makes the 3rd time within 5 to 6 years. :(

On 5/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

^^

I bought a CGC 9.2 last week, when it was delivered the reputable establishment had "accidentally" sent a 7.5 instead. :(

They're currently in the process of making it right. Sent me the shipping label and the 7.5 is due back to them next week via UPS ground.

They still have my money so I'm hoping they still sent the 9.2 like I ordered. They've been reputable for five to six years, I'd hate to have to do a charge back. I just want my slab.

Anyway sorry for the rant, NICE COPY!

Everytime I got over $500 cost online something bad happens, this makes the 3rd time within 5 to 6 years. :(

Oh wow.  That could not have been a good feeling when you opened your package.  I hope the right book makes it into your hands soon.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:46 PM, ExNihilo said:

Oh wow.  That could not have been a good feeling when you opened your package.  I hope the right book makes it into your hands soon.

Lol thanks, I needed to vent. I'm grateful for the hope I have.

Yours looks like a nice copy, it gave me hope that mine would be as nice. :)

On 5/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Interesting ... I thought most of these just repurposed the covers from Tales to Astonish but this looks like an original cover (I've never seen it before!) ... were there a lot of other original covers?

Fun fact - the cover art was also used on a lunchbox in the 70’s. I had one. :cloud9:

I have always been on the lookout for this book. 

There are others, like MSH 32 and 33 (PFs) that are original covers as well. I know 33 is by Starlin, not sure about the 32. 

@joeypostknows a lot more about the BA portion of the run than I do

On 5/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Fun fact - the cover art was also used on a lunchbox in the 70’s. I had one. :cloud9:

I have always been on the lookout for this book. 

There are others, like MSH 32 and 33 (PFs) that are original covers as well. I know 33 is by Starlin, not sure about the 32. 

@joeypostknows a lot more about the BA portion of the run than I do

32 is by Buscema IIRC.