• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,911 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Well, not impressed with the choice of color for the sig....but CGC graded this as a 9.2 (I bought as a 6.5 from MCS)..so happy about that

IMG-1377.jpg

IMG-1378.jpg

Was there some pressing involved? 

Either way congrats! Nice looker :x

On 4/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was there some pressing involved? 

Either way congrats! Nice looker :x

Yes but this one didn't have any obvious need except some spine ticks that needed to be flattened...but IMHO, MCS severely undergraded it ... I do a lot of business with MCS (selling and buying)...every now and then I get lucky. 

and THANKS!!

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 4/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, ThothAmon said:

It’s a chameleon signature. Did you have a small window or is that where he chose to sign?  The 10 from this run got a 9.2. Not sure any of the rest are worth grading. 

E4296CEA-56D2-4C3A-8BD5-9D731C6DCFE4.jpeg

ohhh...so that's the reason for the window bag, I thought they were for minimizing damage...darn. I didn't have a window bag.

yeah, I figured it was some sort of hidden signature philosophy

Edited by Ed Hanes

Adams had so many great runs.  Batman and GL get the lion's share of the attention and rightfully so, but I absolutely love his Deadman, X-men, and even the mini-run he did on the Avengers. Must haves for those collecting Neal Adams IMO. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, iXr184 said:

Sharp comic. I wish Marvel never used that banner accross the top. 

With all the pink, it kind of makes it look like a "clown cover", which doesn't "hit the mood just right!" lol 

I just noticed the bottom right cover corner, I'm guessing that kept it a 9.6 ???

Not much else wrong, maybe a bit worn top cover corner left, yes, it did look striking when I first saw it though (thumbsu

Graders notes says light stress, so I assume it wasn't pressed.....

:wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, iXr184 said:

Sharp comic. I wish Marvel never used that banner accross the top.

First month Marvel used ad banner was same month books jumped from .40 to .50 . Not only were you paying 25% more but you got ugly advertising on front cover. Kids back then with $2 a week budget (assuming they were even that lucky) had to drop from 5 books to 4.  

Edited by MAR1979