• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q: Is there a way to have neg feedback removed from your E-bay account?

13 posts in this topic

I have one negative. The guy that gave it to me is no longer a registered user. Plus, he responded in my feedback profile and completely retracted his negative soon after he left it. First he posted a neg saying I didn't answer e-mails which was false because he never sent them! He posted the retraction because it would cut into his profits to have the feedback removed.

Then, I never got the comic I paid for and he was gone. 893censored-thumb.gif

Anyway, is there a way I can get this removed?

I went through the whole painfull process of trying to have a retailiatory feedback removed and even paid Square Trade $25. Nadda!!

This was after I filed a fraud complaint with eBay, and which after two months, I was ruled in the right. Upon receiving the decision, I negged the seller who immediately retaliated. I emailed eBay Support and asked for it to be removed based on their case ruling and they replied that they couldn't, but I could try through Square Trade. They were also unsuccessful. From what I understand, for Square Trade to remove the negative, the seller has to be in favor of removing it. So now, I'm out $25 for Square Trade's attempt to mediate, I'm out the cost of the comic, and I'm the lucky owner of a retaliatory neg. And the saddest part is, I still don't have the book I paid for.

I had the one neg ever sent my way removed by eBay. It was retaliatory, and the guy called me a butt-head or something... I emailed eBay, noted that I didn't mind having the neg, but didn't like being called a butt-head, and they removed it due to profanity..! Happily, the neg I'd left the jerk in the first place stayed... some stories DO have happy endings laugh.gif

(though with all the advocating I do for leaving negs and "never mind your own feedback as a buyer," I'm kinda ashamed to not have at least one "purple heart"-type neg...)

I have had a similar bad experience. This guy gave me a negative feedback since I reported him to ebay for being a non-paying bidder. Geez! Can you believe that? I wrote ebay and asked them to remove it but they never did. 893frustrated.gif

Apparently, his ebay ID got revoked not too long after for being a non-paying bidder too many times. But I still have the negative feedback!

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

one trick that members on this board have mentioned in the past, is to put contact information of the other party, as a reply to the neg.

my understanding from previous posts is that ebay will remove anything of such personal nature - and that they will remove the "entire" feedback i.e. your reply, as well as their neg.

e.g.

Ace_of_Hearts (45)

COMPLAINT : This guy's [!@#%^&^]. Avoid!

FOLLOW-UP : AceofHearts is John Doe. 321 Anywhere St. NorthEast State, 12354

i hear ebay won't let you do this too many times before getting annoyed and emailing you about being on a campaign to remove your negs...

anyways - even if they somehow LEAVE your reply there, i'm sure the other person that left you the neg wouldn't feel to great about having all his personal info on the web like that... probably even worse then getting negged himself...

I responded with masked profanity to my one and only negative. Now I need someone to report it, and we'll see if it gets removed. Can someone report it for me?

ROFLMAO!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Complaint : WON 3 WEEKS AGO,STILL NO REPLY.HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO WITHOUT INFO

Response by tkg2627 - FUCCKIN [!@#%^&^]! I SENT EMAILS & PAYPAL INVOICES TO YOUR 3 EMAIL ADDY'S!

If you respond to someone else's feedback with profanity ie: "He called me an as.shoole in an email," ebay will remove your response...but leave the original neg.

I am speaking from experience. Last month as a matter of fact.

But I force-fed the insufficiently_thoughtful_person some NPBs, and now he's NARU'd. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So now when I see his negs, I can smile. grin.gif

Rick