• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCworlds useless (without pics) National Con report

94 posts in this topic

Question is, he ordered the drink. But did he actually drink it?

OK, enough talk about Doc's screwdriver, sorry.

:blush:

Yes, he did. He even ate the ice cubes. :gossip:

A screwdriver is much more manly than Buck Biggins' Mai Tais. I'm impressed.

It just seemed appropriate. I like to drive and even though it has been a while I like to... ah... well... you know. :blush:

It just seemed appropriate. I like to drive and even though it has been a while I like to... ah... well... you know. :blush:

Hottest Con attendee: Ali at the CGC booth. 'Nuff said.

(worship)

This was also true at Chicago.

Hey! No disrespecting the Mai Tais!

i'm not reading all this. someone going to summarise for me?

Drinkin' ...drivin' ...and lotsa sex... :cool:

...is that why Watson was so giggly on Jim's cel phone when I talked to them on the way there?

:o

i'm not reading all this. someone going to summarise for me?

Drinkin' ...drivin' ...and lotsa sex... :cool:

...is that why Watson was so giggly on Jim's cel phone when I talked to them on the way there?

:o

Those crazy guys... :blush:

Despite the lack of Pics, an EXCELLENT con report... (thumbs u

Sorry i missed this one( made the last 4-5 Nationals)... sounds like you all had a great time and enjoyed Virgils. (BUT, going to a TGIF while in the Big Apple is just Wrong). there's a great Irish Pub just across 8th Ave (Tir Na' Nog) and just cross from the garden is the Tupelo with one of the finest barmaids in all NYC (Shannon).

I'm thinking of breaking out the Sid's mid/high grade 50's/60's raw DC's for the NYCComicCon in Feb and teaming up with TVComics again...... :) Maybe i'll meet some new faces there...........

"As for the convention floor and setup, I was absolutely enamored with it. As a collector who is fascinated with the history of collecting and fandom, I felt like I had taken a time machine back to the 1970's. Here I was in the middle of Manhattan, in the bowels of some hotel, in the most cluttered, unorganized convention floor plan I had ever seen. The ceilings were so low, the light was so bad and I thought I was in heaven . This must have been what shows were like before I was born, what shows were like before Anime and Hollywood took over, this must have been like a show when a young Chuckie first brought out the Mile Highs for sale. It was surreal, and I loved every second of it."

perhaps because the Hotel Pennsylvania (formerly the Statler-Hilton Hotel) is where some of those old 70's shows took place!:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23167/1979-Comic-Art-Convention

we haven't progressed too far in 30 years....

(BUT, going to a TGIF while in the Big Apple is just Wrong).

Not to mention, that particular TGIF might be the most expensive TGIF on the planet, not to mention nasty. I dropped by there with my wife a couple of years ago just to sit down and rest after a few hours in Macys and have a soda or something and it was so skeevy (an employees was smoking in the restaurant (not allowed!) we complained to the company. They sent us coupons for four complimentary dinners -- three courses!

Hey! No disrespecting the Mai Tais!

Mai Tais are completely appropriate for a gathering at the Tiki Hut. Before, during and after a prime steak dinner, not so much.