• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michael Turner SIGNATURES
2 2

646 posts in this topic

No, there was a giant sales thread of Turner SS books recently and I do not think many sold. People want insane money for them.

No kidding, I'm going to list one this weekend that is a 9.6 and start it at $50 and cross my fingers anyone even bites.

I hear ya, it all depends on what issue you have. The cover I put up is one of 7 cgc SS and since MT passed there won't be any other ones ever made. If you're auctioning off 1 of 300 then the price will reflect it.

So in response to the guy who thumbs up-ed me for "not having an understanding of the basic selling rules" I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

No, there was a giant sales thread of Turner SS books recently and I do not think many sold. People want insane money for them.

No kidding, I'm going to list one this weekend that is a 9.6 and start it at $50 and cross my fingers anyone even bites.

I hear ya, it all depends on what issue you have. The cover I put up is one of 7 cgc SS and since MT passed there won't be any other ones ever made. If you're auctioning off 1 of 300 then the price will reflect it.

So in response to the guy who thumbs up-ed me for "not having an understanding of the basic selling rules" I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself.

Yeah, Sean, why you gotta instigate? :baiting: Don't you know anything about Turner sigs? Yeesh.

I think Sean was referring to the rules of selling on this site as opposed to the price you were selling it for. This is not a sales thread but rather a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" thread. You should go to the selling area, read the rules and post accordingly. I have had my hand slapped several times for posting in wrong areas and am seeing why it bothers people now.

In reference to the price, more power to you if you can get $250 for a 9.6 Turner SS. Personally I am not a fan of the Fathom series but would pay that for a book I did want with a Turner sig.

Good luck!

Just got these back from CGC for new cases.

Civil War #1 Aspen Variant CGC 9.8 SS Michael Turner - Paid $118 with a cracked case

CW1ACGC98SS.jpg

World War Hulk #1 Aspen Variant CGC 9.8 Signed by Michael Turner - Paid $78 but arrived with a cracked case and the seller gave me a $20 refund - so the cost was $58

WWH1VCGC98SS.jpg

World War Hulk #1 Aspen Variant CGC 9.8 Signed by Michael Turner - Paid $78 but arrived with a cracked case and the seller gave me a $20 refund - so the cost was $58

WWH1VCGC98SS.jpg

Tied for first as my favorite Turner cover (along with Civil War #3). Congrats!

Just got these back from CGC for new cases.

Civil War #1 Aspen Variant CGC 9.8 SS Michael Turner - Paid $118 with a cracked case

CW1ACGC98SS.jpg

This is by far my all time favorite Turner cover.

that turner sig in black ink looks really nice on that cw1 aspen.

i dont know why but turner seemed to sign most books in silver and many of them you cant even see the sig unless you hold the book at an angle. i have a few sketch covers he signed in silver where the sig is almost invisible.

Just completed the Civil War Sketch SS Turner 9.8 collection:

DSC05266.jpg

The hardest for me to get was the #3 in 9.8...

LittleBill you are right about the silver ink, especially here on the #6. I have seen some done in red ink which really pops. I think there is a #4 9.9 with Turner sig in red ink...

Here's some stats for those interested:

These are the numbers of SS in 9.8 for the civil war Turner sketch and variants. I don't know how many are signed by Turner but I would assume the majority of them are:

issue/sketch/variant

#1/133/138

#2/58/76

#3/85/138

#4/68/106

#5/43/58

#6/38/66

#7/51/97

Seemingly the #5 and #6 in both sketch and variants should be the hardest to get due to their relative scarcity...

DSC05266.jpg

LittleBill you are right about the silver ink, especially here on the #6. I have seen some done in red ink which really pops. I think there is a #4 9.9 with Turner sig in red ink...

[font:Book Antiqua]Well done Sir...[/font]

:golfclap:

DSC05266.jpg

:applause:(worship)

Congrats to my fellow CGC SS Civil War Turner loving buddy :)

It has been a long journey that I hope to complete as well one day!

Big thanks out to OV for letting me have this one:

GijoeImage21CGC98SSTurnerHama.jpg

You have no idea how much I love this cover/book

me too!!! I had been searching for a Turner signed #21 for years and only recently fed that fetish. Too bad there aren't any Turner signed silver foils...

DSC05266.jpg

:applause:(worship)

Congrats to my fellow CGC SS Civil War Turner loving buddy :)

It has been a long journey that I hope to complete as well one day!

You're going to post all your books together when complete right? You will blow me out of the water with both the variants and the sketches in a complete set!!

So this was a big deal recently for my partner Chris and I. When we were signature series witnesses back in 05/06 we would get alot of Michael Turner Civil War books signed. Unfortunately back then we thought Mr. Turner would of been around longer and we flipped them.....Well then we started doing more signings and doing bigger deals and we decided to re-acquire some of our favorite books, then crack them and make them collection worthy for us. Since Civil War was one of our favorite Marvel storylines, we had them signed by masters of the industry who all played a role in some of the most important characters that were involved.

I would like to give a big shout out to my buddy PubMonkey who was crucial to helping us complete this. We still plan to crack out the Civil War 6 9.8 to get signed by Stan Lee at some point as well :) Perhaps in our next Masters signing.

Anyways I would like to present Civil War 1-7 Color/Aspen, and Sketch Variants. CGC SS 9.8 by Turner (and Masters)

photo2-1.jpg

photo.jpg