• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michael Turner SIGNATURES
2 2

646 posts in this topic

So this was a big deal recently for my partner Chris and I. When we were signature series witnesses back in 05/06 we would get alot of Michael Turner Civil War books signed. Unfortunately back then we thought Mr. Turner would of been around longer and we flipped them.....Well then we started doing more signings and doing bigger deals and we decided to re-acquire some of our favorite books, then crack them and make them collection worthy for us. Since Civil War was one of our favorite Marvel storylines, we had them signed by masters of the industry who all played a role in some of the most important characters that were involved.

I would like to give a big shout out to my buddy PubMonkey who was crucial to helping us complete this. We still plan to crack out the Civil War 6 9.8 to get signed by Stan Lee at some point as well :) Perhaps in our next Masters signing.

Anyways I would like to present Civil War 1-7 Color/Aspen, and Sketch Variants. CGC SS 9.8 by Turner (and Masters)

photo2-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Awesome set(s)!!! :golfclap: congrats!!!

I think we are all very lucky to see those all in one picture. It is a rare sight indeed!

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the colour variant set one day soon... :cloud9:

I love all the Civil War books. I keep waiting for some posts of the Wolverine Turner sketchcover variants.

If we ask really nicely I am sure NYComics (Sean) would gift us with a couple of pics of his... I have a 9.9 but no sig :sorry:

Here's some stats for those interested:

These are the numbers of SS in 9.8 for the civil war Turner sketch and variants. I don't know how many are signed by Turner but I would assume the majority of them are:

issue/sketch/variant

#1/133/138

#2/58/76

#3/85/138

#4/68/106

#5/43/58

#6/38/66

#7/51/97

Seemingly the #5 and #6 in both sketch and variants should be the hardest to get due to their relative scarcity...

Ok Check it out. I have copies of the census for MT and other MT comics I own. I don't know the exact date of my census copies in this case but I know it was prior to 1/9/11 in this case.

issue/sketch/variant/ (a +# is the 9.9/10.0's)

#1/123+3/136+1

#2/55+0/73+0

#3/78+0/132+0

#4/62+6/107+4

#5/38+2/53+0

#6/35+0/64+0

#7/49+0/91+0

Hopefully my neroticism helps you all. It's surprising how close the numbers are to what you posted. I also have considered cracking and getting more sigs for my collection but due to the 9.9's, cost, and fear of a grade drop, I didn't do it... Enjoy!

BTW I'm up to 67 CGC SS Turner mags. Does anyone out there have more than that? (trying to figure out what number I need to beat :) )

Also I have very few unsealed signed mags but this is one of them:

Cyberforce origins Stryker #2 (1st MT art) - no signed copies exist in census...

BTW if you have the CW #1 variant in 9.9 SS please hand it over. Same for the ridiculously elusive "Civil War 1 Wizard Authentic Edition" even if it isn't signed... Pain in my arse... spending years trying to find that stupid book... Probably cost someone $3 and is in their comic box w/o knowledge of even owning it.... Finders fee will be given to anyone who helps me acquire either of those books. :screwy:

Edited by wolverider