• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupid Ebay, why do they make everything so hard?

14 posts in this topic

I found a few good deals on ebay today, well at least they seem like good deal until I out the back covers of the books are missing or some similar defect doh!

The seller did not list any shipping information so I am assuming they will ship to canada. I try to buy-it-out now and it wont let me because I have a canadian address and it can't figure out the shipping, the auction requires immediate payment. So I have taken a big risk, as I don't have any US addresses, and put in Metro's address with my name and then quickly sent a message to the seller with my real address and to bill me extra for the shipping to canada. You would swear Ebay doesn't want customers. rantrant

Hopefully I get my books,

Bruce

Well seems like great service from the seller, already replied to my message and will send to Canada :) Wish I had more money to spend as he has a couple other books that seem very well priced, almost 1k this week is more then enough for me though.

How can you let someone list an auction then have people not able to buy the item? Maybe something was just down, I was getting a shipping calculator message, but maybe not. The problem seems to be with the vendor demanding immediate payment and no shipping information. If Ebay wan'ts to implement this then they should make it manditory to fill out the fields. There was nothing in the auction about only shipping in the US and the vendor was more then willing to ship to Canada.

Bruce

How can you let someone list an auction then have people not able to buy the item? Maybe something was just down, I was getting a shipping calculator message, but maybe not. The problem seems to be with the vendor demanding immediate payment and no shipping information. If Ebay wan'ts to implement this then they should make it manditory to fill out the fields. There was nothing in the auction about only shipping in the US and the vendor was more then willing to ship to Canada.

Bruce

it is mandatory to provide all shipping info. you can say PayPal only or US only, but that does not prohibit someone who doesn't fit your criteria from bidding and/or winning the auction. reason being is two fold...one, it assumes the buyer will read the information (I know, no one reads online), two, if someone emails you (the seller) and asks if it's ok for them to bid, you can say yes without changing your sale rules.

sell an item and see for yourself what the process is like. (thumbs u

Here is the auction, maybe I am blind but I don't see any limits on shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220315530577

If I did not cheat and fill out a US address I would have been prohibited from bidding.

Ended: Nov-20-08 06:00:00 PST

Shipping: US $3.00

US Postal Service First Class Mail®

Service to United States

Ships to: United States

Item location: Athens, Alabama, United States

Buyer: s***a( 197)

Here is the auction, maybe I am blind but I don't see any limits on shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220315530577

If I did not cheat and fill out a US address I would have been prohibited from bidding.

Ended: Nov-20-08 06:00:00 PST

Shipping: US $3.00

US Postal Service First Class Mail®

Service to United States

Ships to: United States

Item location: Athens, Alabama, United States

Buyer: s***a( 197)

thank you :foryou:

Ok, I feel a bit stupid now. Bit is the tab for shipping a new option or is it because I am using firefox. I have not been active on ebay for a long time, think I bought maybe 5 items this year. I just thought it was a heading.

Bruce

Don't sweat it - those things happen. :foryou:

It's not the worst miss. I've missed some doozies that cost me several good pennies. doh!

Ok, I feel a bit stupid now. Bit is the tab for shipping a new option or is it because I am using firefox. I have not been active on ebay for a long time, think I bought maybe 5 items this year. I just thought it was a heading.

Bruce

when in doubt, just email the seller.