• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Schomburgs - both books are SOLD!

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys...

I have 2 books for sale today.. Both have cover art by Alex Schomburg. These were 2 of my first GA purchases, but I have since found my niche, and decided to let these go.

First :takeit: rules, but will listen to PMs.

Please add $6 for shipping within the U.S. I will ship elsewhere, but will quote exact shipping. PayPal only for this sale please.

Startling Comics #38 - 3.5/4.0 $145

Book is complete. Book is a little dirty, but still has great structure for the grade. Small chip on bottom center of FC BC scan available by request, but not until after Thanksgiving (I keep comics at college).

Classic hypodermic needle cover

sc003873ec.jpg

So what is this new niche?

Finishing your Howard the Duck collection? hm

:roflmao:

I meant to say that I decided to become stricter with my collecting, so will only go after Schomburg covers with war scenes depicted on them

Well, that's just crazy talk. Who'd want that garbage?

:shy:

MMC 57 coming up in a little bit..

OOOO. Can't wait to see it, as I start rolling my loose change.

Nothing HG whatsoever, but a Schomburg Timely :cloud9:

Marvel Mystery Comics #57 1.5 $145

This was PGX graded 2.0 before I cracked it out (immediately upon purchasing). Cover is detached, as well as the CF. There are 28 turnable pages (which I think is complete - tell me if I am wrong).. Tears at staple on FC, and a nice size tear on BC that you can see in scan. Pages are supple, and can be turned with ease. Mylar accident caused tape pull on FC which happened 3 days ago which I am not happy about.

This is what cover looks like now

sc000b18fc.jpg

This is picture before accident

sc00433424.jpg

sc0043545a.jpg

I meant to say that I decided to become stricter with my collecting, so will only go after Schomburg covers with war scenes depicted on them

:shy:

Not Quakers? :grin:

Hey, just curious. Was the cover and centerfold attached originally, but came loose due to friction in the PGQ holder?

I might have misread your post, and sorry bout the tape pull.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C'mon Jeff, us "seasoned" Schommy-c collectors knew it was just a matter of time before more competition got in the ring :grin:

Hey, just curious. Was the cover and centerfold attached originally, but came loose due to friction in the PGQ holder?

I might have misread your post, and sorry bout the tape pull.

They were detached when I bought the book in the slab, but no idea the history of the book. I would assume that they were both Detached prior to slabbing, otherwise PGX for sure would have given it higher than a 2.0 lol

Startling Comics #38 - 3.5/4.0 $145

Book is complete. Book is a little dirty, but still has great structure for the grade. Small chip on bottom center of FC BC scan available by request, but not until after Thanksgiving (I keep comics at college).

Classic hypodermic needle cover

sc003873ec.jpg

this cover has EVERYTHING...everytime i look at it, i can't help but wonder what the dude in the purple hat outside is going to do hm