• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh to have unlimited funds...!! NICE GOLD on ebay !!

73 posts in this topic

This guys auctions probably have not snuck past all of you.....but just in case. That Fighting Yank 10 has me drooling.....cuz its actually within reach......I think. Too bad this stuff didn't come up for sale 60 days from now when I get my bonus check......as it stands now.....I won't be bidding. But hey, I hope someone here finds something they want.

Some very nice high grade gold here

good ole Mike Willis...I bought a ton of him last year...great guy

You 'tec, are begining to strike me as a guy to whom I should inquire with my want list..........in 60 days that is

I think his prices are a bit high.

A 5.5 SS #6 for $7200? What's my 5.0 worth then? $6500? Yeah, I don't think so either.

It makes me think he doesn't really WANT to sell those books but if his his prices are met then he'll do it. I have some books like that where if I was offered twice what I paid I'd sell.

Best of luck to him though. (thumbs u

Mike is only selling because he's been hit hard in the stock market. I bought a book from him last week, and have my eye on a few of his current offerings.

that might be partly true, but mike has been actively selling his collection and even some of his art for a year + now...

we talked last year at the NY con, and again in SD...he is a good guy, but like many of us, maybe a bit "too" proud of our books lol

good ole Mike Willis...I bought a ton of him last year...great guy

You 'tec, are begining to strike me as a guy to whom I should inquire with my want list..........in 60 days that is

lol

Mike is only selling because he's been hit hard in the stock market. I bought a book from him last week, and have my eye on a few of his current offerings.

that might be partly true, but mike has been actively selling his collection and even some of his art for a year + now...

we talked last year at the NY con, and again in SD...he is a good guy, but like many of us, maybe a bit "too" proud of our books lol

I love it when people say "best in existence", "to the best of my knowledge" of course. lol

That means a lot to me. meh

I love it when people say "best in existence", "to the best of my knowledge" of course. lol

That means a lot to me. meh

as mentioned, mikey is "high" on his books, no doubt :insane: every book is a 9.0 "except the for the flaws that make it a 6.0"... but, he has some WONDERFUL books!

I was thinking that he maybe is only gonna get one bid on alot of these......and if someone says they want it now.....well, there it goes. But ya.....I'd like to see em run the course too.....

Unfortunately, he has four less listed this morning than he had last night. I wish he'd let his auctions run their course, instead of accepting emailed offers.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. I actually did inquire about a book, but he said he was going to stay the course -- but apparently that is on a case-by-case basis. A couple that have disappeared I was mighty interested in, too.

Better place your bids now, I guess :baiting:

I really wanted the Exciting #41 and Thrillling 42, but he accepted an offer for less than I was willing to pay.
:sorry:

Sorry to hear that....... :(

I was intending to bid on the Startling 53 and had it on my Ebay watch list, but when I saw the auction ended early, I emailed him to ask if the book was still available. He replied "Ken, What were you thinking?, Mike" As though I should have known he would end the auction early (shrug) . If people start an Ebay auction, they should let it run it's coarse.

Ken