• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh to have unlimited funds...!! NICE GOLD on ebay !!

73 posts in this topic

Mike will entertain reasonable offers...the listings that ended early were under starting bids, except for the Action 63 CGC 8.0 which went for $1450+ (20% over high GPA). He won't reveal what happens for the (many) lots that don't receive a bid. Does he drop his price to more market levels and relist.

Anyone recall his past listings? (shrug)

GE

Mike will entertain reasonable offers...the listings that ended early were under starting bids, except for the Action 63 CGC 8.0 which went for $1450+ (20% over high GPA). He won't reveal what happens for the (many) lots that don't receive a bid. Does he drop his price to more market levels and relist.

GE

The only one I saw before was the $6500 Amazing Stories pulp which has been the same price for a month or two now.

GE

Hey George,

I emailed back and forth with Mike last night, and the four books that sold went for 20% over his starting bids. They were: Starling 53, Black Terror #4, Thrilling #42, and Exciting #41. His starting bids added up to 3K, and he sold the four to one buyer for $3600.

Mike will entertain reasonable offers...the listings that ended early were under starting bids

He sold them for less then he had them listed for? Damn.

usually not...he sells them "off ebay" to save that 5-8%, but they usually sell for more than he lists for...if he is good with an offer, and it is over his listing price, he nets more without paying ebay fees

I dont like this situation too much. I am not a player for any of his incredible books because they are too pricey for me, but it feels like such a tease. I know plenty of you had interest in some of his books, and I dont think its right to post books in a 10 day auction format, than take them down after 1 or 2 days. I understand its a lot easier for the seller, but still dont like it. He might as well post them on these boards and listen to offers in PMs.

If you guys know he's taking offers, and are serious about buying, why not...make an offer?

If you guys know he's taking offers, and are serious about buying, why not...make an offer?

I emailed him yesterday afternoon, told him I was interested in a few of his Nedors, and asked if he was going to let the auctions go their course or was he accepting offers. I went and ate nine pounds of turkey, came home, and had a response from him saying that a guy was hounding him to end several of his auctions early, and that if there's one book that I really wanted, he'd try to keep it out of the negotiations. I fired back that I was very interested in the Exciting 41 and Thrilling 42. He responded that he'd already sold the pair for $1500, part of the 4 books he'd sold for a total of $3600. He asked if I would have paid more than $1500, and I responded that of course I would have paid more. I have a long history of paying too much for Nedors, which only works out for me because I keep them so long. He responded that he'd make sure to get my offer on Nedors in the future.

I emailed him yesterday afternoon, told him I was interested in a few of his Nedors, and asked if he was going to let the auctions go their course or was he accepting offers. I went and ate nine pounds of turkey, came home, and had a response from him saying that a guy was hounding him to end several of his auctions early, and that if there's one book that I really wanted, he'd try to keep it out of the negotiations. I fired back that I was very interested in the Exciting 41 and Thrilling 42. He responded that he'd already sold the pair for $1500, part of the 4 books he'd sold for a total of $3600. He asked if I would have paid more than $1500, and I responded that of course I would have paid more. I have a long history of paying too much for Nedors, which only works out for me because I keep them so long. He responded that he'd make sure to get my offer on Nedors in the future.

(thumbs u

And I'm the one that got his Action #63 last week. I would have preferred that the auction run its course, but he already had four offers when I emailed him, and it was very apparent that the auction wouldn't last the weekend.

e04d_3.JPG

And I'm the one that got his Action #63 last week. I would have preferred that the auction run its course, but he already had four offers when I emailed him, and it was very apparent that the auction wouldn't last the weekend.

e04d_3.JPG

:applause:

e04d_3.JPG

That's a really nice book Jeff! :applause:

Ok, so e-mail him and tell him that you are not interested in the Black Terror #3 and #6 and that he should take my offers. :kidaround:

e04d_3.JPG

Thats sweet !! I think if he gets offers and doesn't have to let the auctions run their course.....then he is indeed a smart business man. He is using ebay for free advertising......to the comic buying world......then pulling them off and making a sale.....and paying ebay zip. Except I suppose a listing fee. Does he still have to pay that if he yanks the auction?

e04d_3.JPG

Thats sweet !! I think if he gets offers and doesn't have to let the auctions run their course.....then he is indeed a smart business man. He is using ebay for free advertising......to the comic buying world......then pulling them off and making a sale.....and paying ebay zip. Except I suppose a listing fee. Does he still have to pay that if he yanks the auction?

the listing fee, yes, has to be paid, but that is it

e04d_3.JPG

the listing fee, yes, has to be paid, but that is it

Great book Jeff, with a fantastic cover! :applause: