• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh to have unlimited funds...!! NICE GOLD on ebay !!

73 posts in this topic

And I'm the one that got his Action #63 last week. I would have preferred that the auction run its course, but he already had four offers when I emailed him, and it was very apparent that the auction wouldn't last the weekend.

e04d_3.JPG

Thats sweet !! I think if he gets offers and doesn't have to let the auctions run their course.....then he is indeed a smart business man. He is using ebay for free advertising......to the comic buying world......then pulling them off and making a sale.....and paying ebay zip. Except I suppose a listing fee. Does he still have to pay that if he yanks the auction?

the listing fee, yes, has to be paid, but that is it

Great book Jeff, with a fantastic cover! :applause:

if you collect that kind of drab :baiting:

If you guys know he's taking offers, and are serious about buying, why not...make an offer?

I emailed him yesterday afternoon, told him I was interested in a few of his Nedors, and asked if he was going to let the auctions go their course or was he accepting offers. I went and ate nine pounds of turkey, came home, and had a response from him saying that a guy was hounding him to end several of his auctions early, and that if there's one book that I really wanted, he'd try to keep it out of the negotiations. I fired back that I was very interested in the Exciting 41 and Thrilling 42. He responded that he'd already sold the pair for $1500, part of the 4 books he'd sold for a total of $3600. He asked if I would have paid more than $1500, and I responded that of course I would have paid more. I have a long history of paying too much for Nedors, which only works out for me because I keep them so long. He responded that he'd make sure to get my offer on Nedors in the future.

Ok, so e-mail him and tell him that you are not interested in the Black Terror #3 and #6 and that he should take my offers. :kidaround:

lol

And I'm the one that got his Action #63 last week. I would have preferred that the auction run its course, but he already had four offers when I emailed him, and it was very apparent that the auction wouldn't last the weekend.

e04d_3.JPG

Thats sweet !! I think if he gets offers and doesn't have to let the auctions run their course.....then he is indeed a smart business man. He is using ebay for free advertising......to the comic buying world......then pulling them off and making a sale.....and paying ebay zip. Except I suppose a listing fee. Does he still have to pay that if he yanks the auction?

We can't all be high and mighty Centaur collectors.... :/

Oh wait....

AmazingMysteryFunnies.jpg

doh!

e04d_3.JPG

Oh wait....

doh!

nice...I still have the Twilight copy of that issue!

and, I just did the same thing you did, bought back a book at 67% of what I sold it for...crazy, huh ?

If you guys know he's taking offers, and are serious about buying, why not...make an offer?

I emailed him yesterday afternoon, told him I was interested in a few of his Nedors, and asked if he was going to let the auctions go their course or was he accepting offers. I went and ate nine pounds of turkey, came home, and had a response from him saying that a guy was hounding him to end several of his auctions early, and that if there's one book that I really wanted, he'd try to keep it out of the negotiations. I fired back that I was very interested in the Exciting 41 and Thrilling 42. He responded that he'd already sold the pair for $1500, part of the 4 books he'd sold for a total of $3600. He asked if I would have paid more than $1500, and I responded that of course I would have paid more. I have a long history of paying too much for Nedors, which only works out for me because I keep them so long. He responded that he'd make sure to get my offer on Nedors in the future.

Ok, so e-mail him and tell him that you are not interested in the Black Terror #3 and #6 and that he should take my offers. :kidaround:

Well, I haven't expressed interest in either of those, but I think you're wise to go after them. The Black Terror #3 is a tough book, and #6 presents very well for the grade. (thumbs u

e04d_3.JPG

Hey! :makepoint:

e04d_3.JPG

Oh wait....

doh!

nice...I still have the Twilight copy of that issue!

and, I just did the same thing you did, bought back a book at 67% of what I sold it for...crazy, huh ?

Yeah, especially a book like AMF # 8. I think I'm okay with it staying around in my collection at that price.

Yeah, especially a book like AMF # 8. I think I'm okay with it staying around in my collection at that price.

(thumbs u

Oh, and I bought it back at 65% of what I initially paid, but only at about 50% of what I sold it for a few months ago.

So yeah, its a buyer's market.

(thumbs u

Oh, and I bought it back at 65% of what I initially paid, but only at about 50% of what I sold it for a few months ago.

So yeah, its a buyer's market.

there is a great Silver Streak #7 in the selling forum that would be great in your collection :baiting:

Mike is only selling because he's been hit hard in the stock market. I bought a book from him last week, and have my eye on a few of his current offerings.

that might be partly true, but mike has been actively selling his collection and even some of his art for a year + now...

we talked last year at the NY con, and again in SD...he is a good guy, but like many of us, maybe a bit "too" proud of our books lol

I love it when people say "best in existence", "to the best of my knowledge" of course. lol

That means a lot to me. meh

With the 8-1928 Amazing Stories that may not be hyperbole. This book is breathtaking. (worship)

4f9b_3.JPG

521d_3.JPG

52f9_3.JPG

fd13_3.JPG

Mike is only selling because he's been hit hard in the stock market. I bought a book from him last week, and have my eye on a few of his current offerings.

that might be partly true, but mike has been actively selling his collection and even some of his art for a year + now...

we talked last year at the NY con, and again in SD...he is a good guy, but like many of us, maybe a bit "too" proud of our books lol

I love it when people say "best in existence", "to the best of my knowledge" of course. lol

That means a lot to me. meh

With the 8-1928 Amazing Stories that may not be hyperbole. This book is breathtaking. (worship)

4f9b_3.JPG

521d_3.JPG

52f9_3.JPG

fd13_3.JPG

:o

Well, I haven't expressed interest in either of those, but I think you're wise to go after them. The Black Terror #3 is a tough book, and #6 presents very well for the grade. (thumbs u

did you take the Action 44 too? It disappeared from Ebay last week too.

No, the grade was nice, but I didn't like the page quality.

PQ snob :baiting:

Didn't used to be, but I'm refining that quality!

Also didn't like the combination of date stamp/star stamp/year written on the cover.

No, the grade was nice, but I didn't like the page quality.

PQ snob :baiting:

Didn't used to be, but I'm refining that quality!

Also didn't like the combination of date stamp/star stamp/year written on the cover.

that is the beaut of collecting... only you know what you like (thumbs u

e04d_3.JPG

I knew it was you! :makepoint:

Nice one Jeff. That is one hell of a book (worship)