• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buying a macbook laptop on ebay?

33 posts in this topic

I want to get the little lady a macbook for Christmas. I can save 40% using the live.com discount and an ebay coupon, but I'm a little hesitant to buy hardware like this on the bay. Anyone ever done this or have suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks! Do you get a warranty if you buy directly from Apple?

It's worth checking out apple.com --- have a look at their refurbished items. Bought my iMac this way and saved quite a bundle. Allowed me to grab a couple accessories that would have otherwise been out of the budget at the time.

Here's a Linky!

Thanks! Do you get a warranty if you buy directly from Apple?

Apple computers come bundled with 90 days of free phone support and 1 year of hardware support (ie service at Apple Store, etc.) . If you purchase an Applecare Protection Plan (APP) that will extend both the phone support and hardware warranty to 3 years from the date-of-purchase.

You would get this with any machine but if you purchase it from someone other than apple you'll need, most likely, to send the receipt to Apple so they can update your date-of-purchase on file.

I love my macbook...hence my name ;)

I used to be really good at troubleshooting on my PCs, but with the mac, I've never had a need to become a troubleshooter--easy as pie! :grin:

I bought a Macbook pro and just last week a 24" iMac. Nice systems!! I'm slowly converting from PC to Mac's for my family.

(thumbs u

Brian

I used to be really good at troubleshooting on my PCs, but with the mac, I've never had a need to become a troubleshooter--easy as pie! :grin:

I bought a Macbook pro and just last week a 24" iMac. Nice systems!! I'm slowly converting from PC to Mac's for my family.

(thumbs u

Brian

Are you still running windows? I heard from my Microsoft friends here in Redmond that they love the Macs because they run Windows so much faster than the run of the mill PCs.

(thumbs u

Brian

Are you still running windows? I heard from my Microsoft friends here in Redmond that they love the Macs because they run Windows so much faster than the run of the mill PCs.

Part of the beauty to Macs is that they are essentially immune to many of the bugs and viruses that PCs are susceptible to. The reason for this is one word: Windows. This operating system is the platform by which all of these digital plagues are able to run amok in our computers. By sticking with the traditional Apple OS, you can continue enjoying the non-bugged, hassle-free existence that is Apple. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Brian

I can run Parallels desktop for any odd Windows only based apps.

Apple will usually ship for free anyway. I bought my 24" iMac just last month...I went for the refurbished model, and it's AWESOME. Not a scratch, dent, or blemish anywhere--mint condition. So do check Apple online for refurb models; they're great.

Apple will usually ship for free anyway. I bought my 24" iMac just last month...I went for the refurbished model, and it's AWESOME. Not a scratch, dent, or blemish anywhere--mint condition. So do check Apple online for refurb models; they're great.

That's a sweet system! (thumbs u