• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is somebody drinkin' a little of grandpa's old cough medicine?

9 posts in this topic

Maybe it's me, or maybe I need to start

Superboy 231 CGC 9.0

I don't have a guide handy, but I think this is 4 or 5 times guide at least. I don't mean to add another thread to the infinite number on here about Chuck and his business, but this just seems really out of touch to me. Is this really what the market will bear?

Hmmmmm?? It will only sell if a guy comes along who is looking for that particular book at that particular grade and is tired of the search.

I've discovered that there are only a few dealers who when I see that they are the ones selling something.....cause me to click on to the next auction........and pass them up......Mile High is one of those dealers. :(

Hmmmmm?? It will only sell if a guy comes along who is looking for that particular book at that particular grade and is tired of the search.

I've discovered that there are only a few dealers who when I see that they are the ones selling something.....cause me to click on to the next auction........and pass them up......Mile High is one of those dealers. :(

I think you nailed it Senormac. If Chuck lists enough stuff over guide some of it will sell even at 4 or 5 times guide. It's like the door to door vacuume salesman who knows he's gotta ring a lot of doorbells to make a sale.

Maybe it's me, or maybe I need to start

Superboy 231 CGC 9.0

I don't have a guide handy, but I think this is 4 or 5 times guide at least. I don't mean to add another thread to the infinite number on here about Chuck and his business, but this just seems really out of touch to me. Is this really what the market will bear?

Doesnt Greggy have about 17 of these in his junk pile?

I think you nailed it Senormac. If Chuck lists enough stuff over guide some of it will sell even at 4 or 5 times guide. It's like the door to door vacuume salesman who knows he's gotta ring a lot of doorbells to make a sale.

I tried being a door to door stool salesman once, but it didn't work out. Nobody wanted to look at my stool samples. (shrug)