• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hooked on Golden Age

20 posts in this topic

Howdy folks....used to post here long ago and I have been buying mainly coins and sportscard for the last decade but.......when I do still buy books it's only Golden Age titles. I just love the artwork on the old books and I am not afriad to admit I buy CGC books with no intention of cracking them out to read. I am just a cover nut I guess and it's no suprise that my favorites are Schomburg and L.B. Cole.

Anyway I picked up a few books recently I'd like to share plus one I have owned for about a year which has a ubber cool infinity cover. I have always loved The Black Terror and Exciting comics and I hope to add more to my collection as funds permit.

americasbest21qy9.jpg

This one's an 8.0...I try to grab Fine to VF's when I can as I find they still retain a ton of eye appeal and in most cases...some gloss left on the covers.

0fb6_3.JPG

Not the best pictures from the sellers but I will get some better pictures once in hand...

3920_1.JPG

HPIM1706a.jpg

Howdy folks....used to post here long ago and I have been buying mainly coins and sportscard for the last decade but.......when I do still buy books it's only Golden Age titles. I just love the artwork on the old books and I am not afriad to admit I buy CGC books with no intention of cracking them out to read. I am just a cover nut I guess and it's no suprise that my favorites are Schomburg and L.B. Cole.

Anyway I picked up a few books recently I'd like to share plus one I have owned for about a year which has a ubber cool infinity cover. I have always loved The Black Terror and Exciting comics and I hope to add more to my collection as funds permit.

americasbest21qy9.jpg

very nice infinity cover...rarely seen (thumbs u

This one's an 8.0...I try to grab Fine to VF's when I can as I find they still retain a ton of eye appeal and in most cases...some gloss left on the covers.

0fb6_3.JPG

Really like that Whiz :applause:

Yes I didn't notice the penguins when I first purchased the book just the Japs getting attacked by the machine gun toting sleigh.... lol

They had some crazy covers back then and their are several other amazing covers in this title so I will be looking to grab a few more if I can find them in higher grades. :applause:

HPIM1706a.jpg

Now that is one weird cover....ice, sleigh, penguins, machine gun, and a Japanese war cover to boot! Very cool

If you think the cover is weird, you should read the story! It is really off! :whatev:

West

HPIM1706a.jpg

Now that is one weird cover....ice, sleigh, penguins, machine gun, and a Japanese war cover to boot! Very cool

If you think the cover is weird, you should read the story! It is really off! :whatev:

West

Well, it does say right on the cover: "The Jr. Rangers in their weirdest adventure." :baiting:

lol

HPIM1706a.jpg

West

Well, it does say right on the cover, "The Jr. Rangers in their weirdest adventure." :baiting:

lol

well, someone get to scanning it and post it!

Yes I didn't notice the penguins when I first purchased the book just the Japs getting attacked by the machine gun toting sleigh.... lol

They had some crazy covers back then and their are several other amazing covers in this title so I will be looking to grab a few more if I can find them in higher grades. :applause:

Nice books! Feel free to drop by more often.

One Headline that I like:

Headline11-3.jpg

Headline11-3.jpg

su wheat!

Headline11-3.jpg

That is such a cool cover - I love seeing it - especially on such a nice copy :cloud9:

Those Black Terror covers are on fire !!

I can see why...I am hooked and used to own several raw copies....probably still have a few tucked away but who knows where. Going to make it pricey to get more though doh!

I'll have to see what Else I can find laying around as far as GA and post them here as well :acclaim:

Headline11-3.jpg

great cover, adam. this, 8 and 10 are the cream of the crop of this run.

Headline11-3.jpg

great cover, adam. this, 8 and 10 are the cream of the crop of this run.

There is something about this series. The covers always grab my attention even though they are so different. Perhaps part of the reason is that red and yellow logo or just the fact that most of the covers I have seen tend to pop as if they used too much ink and they are still vibrant.

My only one of the run (but I double up trying to upgrade). I must say that No. 11 is beautiful and the rather bland cover here doesn't hold a candle to penguins and machine guns.

Headline-Comics-28-VF.jpg

I dunno Kid, you can't go too far wrong with Simon and Kirby! Nice copy btw.

My only one of the run (but I double up trying to upgrade). I must say that No. 11 is beautiful and the rather bland cover here doesn't hold a candle to penguins and machine guns.

Headline-Comics-28-VF.jpg