• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Newest Addition...and a question

75 posts in this topic

Ebay and Pay Pal... What a complete and utter joke. I have said this many, many times. There just after one thing, your money... I can send out a empty box instead of a box containing that $400 comic. Guess what?? Pay Pal will say Too bad, So Sad. You got a package. That will pretty much be the end of it.

They throw it in your face about not getting scammed. Use Pay Pal, were the safest... Well I got news for them. When push comes to shove. Pay Pal will always do whatever is necessary to make sure they get there money.

Using the USPS to commit a crime is a Federal Offense.. You don't want to mess with the Fed's. They will Push when the shoving starts. I won a Ebay auction a few years ago. I paid for the item via Pay Pal. I asked the seller 4 times if the book I had won, was a re print. There answer was NO all four times.

I got the book and it was indeed a reprint. I started a dispute with Pay Pal. My stance was I ordered an original book, not a re print. I asked 4 times, go the same reply 4 times. I sent them all the e-mails/communication. Guess what? I got the money back. A friend told me to empty the account right away. He told me since I had admitted to getting a book. The seller would file a claim and get the money back.

The seller did indeed file a claim. Pay Pal gave him back the money they had just given to me. But when Pay Pal went to get the funds. They were long gone. They actually sent me an e-mail asking me to put the money back so they could take it!!! That was really funny.

To this day Pay Pal has not gotten the money back. They never will either. I instructed my bank to block any attempts to take it out of my bank account. I sent the book back to the seller, registered mail, signature required.

Now Ebay FORCES people to use Pay Pal. That has not. Nor will that ever sit good with me. Pay Pal blows... Ebay itself is getting just as bad... End of my rantrant

I always open first time purchases in front of my post master...that way, if anyone tries to "scam" me, I have a "federal" officer to vouch for the contents (thumbs u

The reason he tracked down the book for you and told you he wont send it to you is because he wants to put it up on ebay again and he's afraid you would question it. How convenient that he tracked it down and the person who bought it would be willing to give an expensive book that the buyer paid 20 dollars for back to him.

This is my favorite:

Our parishoners cannot get over how bitter and upset you are over an honest mistake and over one silly comicbook --you did not lose your health, your family or anything important

Did he take this before the entire church? Did he get up and preach about how some big mean guy wants what he paid for? That guy is a complete joke.

Use Pay Pal, were the safest... Well I got news for them. When push comes to shove. Pay Pal will always do whatever is necessary to make sure they get there money.

.....I started a dispute with Pay Pal. My stance was I ordered an original book, not a re print. I asked 4 times, go the same reply 4 times. I sent them all the e-mails/communication. Guess what? I got the money back. A friend told me to empty the account right away. He told me since I had admitted to getting a book. The seller would file a claim and get the money back.

The seller did indeed file a claim. Pay Pal gave him back the money they had just given to me. But when Pay Pal went to get the funds. They were long gone. They actually sent me an e-mail asking me to put the money back so they could take it!!! That was really funny.

Now Ebay FORCES people to use Pay Pal. That has not. Nor will that ever sit good with me. Pay Pal blows... Ebay itself is getting just as bad... End of my rantrant

I have always used my credit card through PayPal when I wasn't certain about the seller. Only two charge backs needed over last 4 years. Both went smoothly with VISA and the only contact from PayPal was an email asking me whether I had attempted to contact and settle things directly with the vendor (you think?).

Get the affidavit from the priest, at least you can have something to remember this by.

I also assume when a new Canuck shows up next week selling the book in the same town, he will say that it must be the guy who bought it at the yard sale selling it.

I'd ask for the affidavit from the priest but also insist the he have it blessed by the Pope. (thumbs u

Classic thread.

My wife sold my GA slabbed comic book for 20.00 at garage sale. :roflmao:

Almost as funny is the assertion that somehow 'church people are great spellers'.

I have a lead bid with stage*handz on an All-New #9 that ends in about an hour.

The bid is for less than what Heritage says the same book sold for in Sept.08. Then I did more homework and remembered this thread. Geeze! Wish me luck.

He can't be a jerk to everyone with that feedback.....I am just happy he left me positive/Negative telling sellers to beware becuase I threaten and bully seller.... hmlol lol lol

Said I was lying and soiling his good name all over the internet......since this is the only place I posted about it I guess he doesn't have the guts to come here and debate the truth.

1. Won book

2. Paid for book

3. Payment refunded with note that book was sold at garage sale

That's what happened and I have all the correspondnce to prove it....not sure how or why he would deny it :sumo:

Stage*handz came through without a hitch. I posted the All-New #9 in a couple places here for anyone interested. It's arrival is a great way to end my week. Thanks SH.

KC, did this garage sale business ever resolve itself proper?

No and as a matter of fact I had 5 separate buyers and sellers contact me through ebay to complain about the sale seller. All had bad dealings either buying or selling and wanted to know what happened to me so appearently this is a trend with the seller. You may get lucky some of the time but I would personally never chance it. If anyone thinks I am making it up I probably have all of the communications in my Ebay inbox.....glad things work out for you though, must not have had enough stuff for a yardsale this week (thumbs u