• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Simpsons...ending?

36 posts in this topic

Was watching some old re-runs of The Simpsons and realized they cannot go on forever. So how should the show end? The kids grown up and finally moving out of the house? Homer gets run over and killed by Flanders who finally has had it??They all die in a plane crash???

I saw in it an episode on Family Guy, and Quagmire after having his way Marge, and getting spotted by Homer, kills him, then the kids, then Marge.

Kinda neat and tidy if Fox is going with the 'Ted Bundy' finale's these days (shrug)

I think I saw that ep, pretty funny

They might as well keep it going until they hold the record for the most episodes of any television drama or sitcom. I think The Simpsons is currently at 421 episodes aired. Gunsmoke holds the record at 635 episodes.

I agree that the quality of the writing has been sub-par for the past few seasons. However, it is a tradition in our family to sit down and watch The Simpsons together any time there is a new episode on Sunday evenings. We will keep watching as long as they keep making them. I don't think they should stop unless one of the major voice actors becomes unavailable. The writing team could use an infusion of new talent though.

I know there will be another movie, it could be the movie that ends the show.

I know their good for like up to 23rd season or something.

This season has been ok at best, but of course has nothing on the older ones.

I own seasons 1-11 and enjoyed them all (well, season 9 was kind of blah, picked up after)

I know South Park will end about their 15th season (as their on 12 right now)

(I have read that they want to make a movie to end the whole thing)

It would be funny to see Bart grown up with a kid named Homer who acts like a cross between Bart and Homer and have Grandpa Homer hanging out with him, taking him fishing, stuff like that. 2c

It could go on forever. It should end if a major voice actor leaves though. It has the self contained episode thing going for it though with only the occasional 'universe' altering thing happening ( death of troy macclure, patty/selma gay, etc) This is what lets it stay fresh even 20+years down the track, and what the hell is gunsmoke? :baiting:

I've never understood the appeal of this show and never watched it after the first few eps.

Along with Seinfeld, it's got to be the funniest series ever.

ahh...see...Seinfeld is another one I never found funny or understood why broad appeal.

ahh...see...Seinfeld is another one I never found funny or understood why broad appeal.

Have there been any television comedy series that you enjoyed? Granted, not everone has the same taste in comedy. Personally, I think that Seinfeld and The Simpsons are the two greatest TV comedies of all time. However, I don't know why so many people think the movie Caddyshack is so great. Many people cite it as a classic comedy movie, but I've never understood why. To me it is not really a funny or cleaver movie, and I usually love Bill Murray and Rodney Dangerfield. I guess that's an instance where I'm out of step with the majority.

Have there been any television comedy series that you enjoyed? Granted, not everone has the same taste in comedy. Personally, I think that Seinfeld and The Simpsons are the two greatest TV comedies of all time. However, I don't know why so many people think the movie Caddyshack is so great. Many people cite it as a classic comedy movie, but I've never understood why. To me it is not really a funny or cleaver movie, and I usually love Bill Murray and Rodney Dangerfield. I guess that's an instance where I'm out of step with the majority.

There's a few 'off the wall' hits despite the obvious. The big one being 'Grounhog Day'. The whole notion won people over hugely, not the thought of seeing beaver head Andie Mcdowell repeatedly.

TV shows, I would of thought Cheers would of ranked higher (shrug)

Quality of the shows and humor has been spotty at best for the past five seasons or so. It is time to wrap things up and move on. But, they will probably milk it for another 10 years or so...

I agree. The show seems to have lost something the last few years.

Have there been any television comedy series that you enjoyed? Granted, not everone has the same taste in comedy. Personally, I think that Seinfeld and The Simpsons are the two greatest TV comedies of all time.

I'm surprised that someone who likes comics doesn't like these two shows, especially the Simpsons.