• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eye-appeal

52 posts in this topic

One of the things that attracts me to early golden age books is their ability to retain lots of eye-appeal while being technically lower grade. I love buying and looking at 2.0s, 3.0s and 4.0s that look anything but. I was looking through some scans today, and ended up staring at my Action 18. It's a 4.0 or so due to some minor spine splitting and a chip at the top of the back cover, but it could easily pass for 8.0 or up. Anyone else want to share books that look light years better than their technical grade?

action18.jpg

One of the things that attracts me to early golden age books is their ability to retain lots of eye-appeal while being technically lower grade. I love buying and looking at 2.0s, 3.0s and 4.0s that look anything but. I was looking through some scans today, and ended up staring at my Action 18. It's a 4.0 or so due to some minor spine splitting and a chip at the top of the back cover, but it could easily pass for 8.0 or up. Anyone else want to share books that look light years better than their technical grade?

action18.jpg

su wheat!

great thread! pretty much all my books fall into this category. I DARE you to beat this one, though::

supe14sa9.jpg

w636.png

CGC 5.5

:sumo:

Wow!