• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone come up with a good wall or shelf display system for CGC stuff?

17 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a good flush-mounted wall system for CGC Graded comics? Or for that matter, any kind of hard-cased comic?

I'm racking my brain trying to desing something either out of metal or wood that you can easily change 1 comic w/out having to change other comics to get to a specific one. I would like to make some kind of grid system, where each comic can be changed individually, and still have the entire comic be visible (instead of it sitting in some kind of top/bottom lip).

I am a carpenter, but I really have no idea where to begin.

If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to plan something out with me, I am all ears!

-Mike

The problem is that the CGC case varies in thickness, so you'd have to design it to take the thickest possible slab probably.

Other than that, a grid system made out of wood would probably work.

I'm visualizing some sort of recessed plastic/protective sheet with clip system similar to what they use to hold glass mirrors up on a wall. This wouldn't have a clean look though, but it would allow each protective sheet to be removed individually...

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a good flush-mounted wall system for CGC Graded comics? Or for that matter, any kind of hard-cased comic?

I'm racking my brain trying to desing something either out of metal or wood that you can easily change 1 comic w/out having to change other comics to get to a specific one. I would like to make some kind of grid system, where each comic can be changed individually, and still have the entire comic be visible (instead of it sitting in some kind of top/bottom lip).

If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to plan something out with me, I am all ears!

-Mike

THE_BEYONDER had some really cool displays made out of wood. The problem is you have to get him off his azz to make one.

Simple answer. To make the display case fully visible tighten the top to bottom dimension so the slab is snug. I would have a 1/8" lip for top and bottom to make sure they did not come out easily though. My next suggestion for being able to rmove cases individually would be the same lip again. A very thin plastic such as the gauge used for sopphet and J channel would be perfect as you could slide the bottom of the slab out first with very minimal presure, and it would just snap back to place. If you pulled the top first however you would probably snag the sticker..

I found wall mounted plate racks at home depot bout two years ago. They attached directly to the walls, like a little shelf and you placed the comics on them. The slabs sat in a little grove (even the thicker CGC case) and without lifting upwards they wouldn't fall out. They were about 6 ft long and fit about 7 slabs each...worked really well. I cut two up to fill the corner of my office in between the window and wall, with 12 slabs. (Captain America Comics 1, Hulk 1, Silver Surfer 1, Avengers 1, Justice League of America 1, Ghost Rider 1, Sub Mariner 1, Hulk 181 and then a couple of moderns.....). I'm kicking myself now I never took a photo. I think they were ten dollars a rack without tax....but well worth the money.

-Mike

THE_BEYONDER had some really cool displays made out of wood. The problem is you have to get him off his LAZY azz to make one.

Fixed that for you